In response to those who have asked if they could donate to the Media Companion project, we now have the facility to do so!
Media Companion is the original free to use Movie/TV Show manager and organizer that offers full XBMC integration.
Simply put, Media Companion offers the facility to gather information from the Internet and make this information available to you in an organized manner.
The information collected includes such things as posters, backdrops, plot summary, actors and actor images, ratings etc, and are placed with your video files for easy addition to your library.
Media Companion Currently supports Movies and TV Shows.
Movie Features include.
- XBMC Movies Link - Changes in MC update XBMC. TV Support will follow later.
- Scrape Blu-Ray Folder structure.
- Scrape movie information from IMDB using the inbuilt scraper
- Scrape movie information from TMDB using XBMC scraper.
- Download movie posters from any of IMDb, TMDb, IMPA, and MPDB.
- Download movie backdrops from TMDb.
- Download movie trailers from IMDb & Yahoo!
- View and edit all obtained data.
- Saving of Media Tags in NFO.
- Include 'ExtraThumbs' & ‘ExtraFanart’ (For skins that support this function, movies need to be in individual folders)
- Auto-Rename using custom or set parameters
- Auto-Rename movie's Folder using custom or set parameters
- Search and browse movies using a selection of filters and searches.
- Export to HTML movie details & artwork, with customizable templates.
TV Show features include.
- Choice of inbuilt TVDb scraper or XBMC TVDb scraper
- Automatically download information for TV Shows and episodes from TVDb.
- Download actor images from either TVDb or IMDb.
- Download and select poster for Show and individual seasons.
- Download episode screen shot.
- Create screen shot if download is not available.
- Automatically rename episodes using set or custom parameters
- Include 'ExtraThumbs' & ‘ExtraFanart’ (For skins that support this function)
- Saving of Media Tags in NFO
- Display episodes missing from your collection.
- Display episodes in aired date order (so you can see where the specials fit in)
- Export to HTML TV details with customizable templates.
Home Movie features:
- Addition of home made or movies with no downloading information
- Separate Home Movie Folder
- Setting Title of Home Movie, and Sort Title
- Outline, Staring and year fields.
- Creation of Screen-Shot
Use mc_com.exe in a batch file for automatic movie & TV scraping.
- mc_com.exe -m Scrapes metadata for new movies
- mc_com.exe –e Scrapes metadata for new TV episodes
- mc_com.exe –x Export Movielist as html selected template
- adding -v to the end of the command runs mc_com.exe in 'Silent mode' - no Console window. Instead
mc_com.exe will write all output to "mc_com.log" file.
See Documentation Link
Some, but getting fewer and fewer. Please see the To Do List
Polite request: If you post a review and within that, raise an issue. Please raise an issue! Thanks.
Media Companion requires
.NET 4.0 Client. If you prefer, the Full .NET Framework can also be used.