FALSE File?

Aug 1, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I tried searching for documentation regarding this but found none?

What is this file for and how / when is it generated? I think it may be whats inducing some errors for me during a cmd line scrape.

Coordinator
Aug 1, 2012 at 10:29 PM

the "False" file is written first time MC is started.  It is basically the initial config.xml file created on first start.  It can be deleted without any issues as far as i have tested.

Developer
Aug 3, 2012 at 6:36 AM

Yep, it is not used for anything, & it should not be created either.....

It probably happens when the config file is tested to see if it exists on initial startup & if it doesn't the result is FALSE, but somewhere in the code the filename is set to the result of the test i.e. 'FALSE'...

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Hi there - been a while since I visited, but spotted this question and believe I can clarify the situation.

It's been a while since I looked at the code so it may be that it's no longer used for this purpose. AFAIK, deleting the file will allow multiple instances of MC to be run, keeping it only allows one instance.

Regards.

Aug 3, 2012 at 7:32 PM

holy hecks I got both StormyKnight and BILLY on a thread.  That's awesome!  I feel like I need to treat myself to a special dinner or something. Hope you gents are well. I'm struggling to figure out why my tv shows wont scrape via command line but at least you guys are telling me it ought not be this.

Developer
Aug 4, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Ha ha, yeah it seems we are still floating around!

Good to hear from you Billy.

I believe now that MC always checks to see if it is already running & pops up a message to close the newly started MC. So the FALSE file is not used anymore.

Cheers & thanks to all that have continued working on MC.

Richard