Subtitles tag

Jul 14, 2013 at 8:11 AM
I have a problem keeping track of which movies/tv-show episodes that have subtitles and not. It would be nice to be able to tag movies/episodes and have it displayed in the main view and also to be able to filter based on subs. Also, it would be nice to have the sub language and type of sub (e.g external/embedded/hardcoded etc). At least two subs per movie/episode should be handled. I often have english+swedish subs. I realize that this is a completely new feature that won't be impemented in the next release ;) but maybe something to put in the backlog for long-term development!
Coordinator
Jul 14, 2013 at 5:50 PM
This could be done, but sub's are a sensitive area, depending on the labeling of external files.

Embedded would be easy.

Hard-coded impossible, as its not detectable, ie: encoded overlay of the original video stream.
Jul 15, 2013 at 3:14 PM
I was thinking that a first stage would be to provide the necessary database fields for manual entry of subtitle data with autodetection to possibly follow later on. I do realize that it's not possible to autodetect hardcoded subs, but on the other hand I assume that they're not very common these days, hence manual entry would do in this case.
Coordinator
Jul 15, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Edited Jul 15, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Will add two things to the To Do List.
  1. Filter by subs language
2, Add manual stream details editing.

Not sure the eta for either yet.

Also not sure if can add filtering for Tv Side.
Jul 16, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Can't ask for more :)
Oct 3, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Is adding some of the known scrapers possible? like the ones from native xbmc addon?
Its cool you can do in XBMC, but sometimes i have to move them and stuff cause I dont give xbmc write access to my storage.
Also I like to grab some from foreign language and my parents like it too. I actually taught myself to read / write from listening to stuff i know and being able to get subs for them.
Coordinator
Oct 3, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Scraping of subtitles is on the To Do list. Roadmap

But requires a bit of training on my behalf.