This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Movie Sets and Organize Issues

Jan 31, 2014 at 7:04 PM
Hey there...

I am somewhat confused how the box set is works in MC. My understanding is that you have 2 tabs that you would use for the task. ( Box/Tag set ) this allows you to create the boxset you want to setup and that's it??? Then you have the table tab that allows you to assign the movies to each boxset. Why have 2 seperate tabs to do a simple thing of making a boxset? It seems that I need to jump back and forth tabs when I just want to stay in one tab. The other frustrating part on the table tab is the when you select the group of movies to assign to the boxset. the boxset list in not in alphanumeric order. the Boxset list is organised.
  1. Is it possible in the tables tab. I can select what movies I want and press and press the boxset button to group them together for me?
  2. Are you able to program it to automatically check for boxset? with on and off option? I am sure that would be differcult and thing will not get exactly right but doing 90% of the job is better then none?
  3. Anytime soon will you have an option to select covers for boxset?
Thanks... All the best. Great job on MC.
Coordinator
Jan 31, 2014 at 7:52 PM
Edited Oct 16, 2015 at 7:29 PM
Hey monkeyslapper

Tags and Moviesets, similar but different.

Moviesets are for likes of Die Hard, Twilight, LOTR etc, where you can group these in their own Set, and in XBMC, their own sub folder.
Meaning, if you enable "Group Movies in Sets" in XBMC, you'll just see "Die Hard Collection" in the library, instead of Die Hard, Die Hard 2, etc.

Tags, allows you to customise/group individual movies, and search for movies with these specific tags.
Good example is "Alien" set and "Predator" set. You can add a tag to movies in these two Sets, say like "Aliens and Predators", which will bring all Alien movies and Predator movies, and alien and predator movies up when you search.

It is planned to have the options to auto-fill Tags, with Plot keywords either from IMDB or TMDB, but you'd have to read this discussion for more info.

Now, Movie Sets can be enabled to automatically fill when scraping a movie. This is an option in Movie Preferences -> Scraper Tab. Enable "TMDb - Where available scraper set name".

For setting movies to a Set, you will first have to add the set name to Movie Set list, then in TableView, you can select multiple movies, and set them all to this new Set.

You can also do this from the Movie Browser list, where after you select more that one movie, you get Multi-Mode, and can set the selected movies to a new Set (plus other options).

As for BoxSet art, this isn't going to be possible until XBMC has a method of importing BoxSet artwork, which it currently doesn't do. But there are add-on's for XBMC that will allow this. I think one is called "Artwork Downloader", but can't recall right now.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

Rob
Feb 3, 2014 at 12:49 PM
vbat99 wrote:
Hey monkeyslapper

Tags and Moviesets, similar but different.

Moviesets are for likes of Die Hard, Twilight, LOTR etc, where you can group these in their own Set, an din XBMC, their own sub folder.
Meaning, if you enable "Group Movies in Sets" in XBMC, you'll just see "Die Hard Collection" in the library, instead of Die Hard, Die Hard 2, etc.

Tags, allows you to customise/group individual movies, and search for movies with these specific tags.
Good example is "Alien" set and "Predator" set. You can add a tag to movies in these two Sets, say like "Aliens and Predators", which will bring all Alien movies and Predator movies, and alien and predator movies up when you search.

It is planned to have the options to auto-fill Tags, with Plot keywords either from IMDB or TMDB, but you'd have to read this discussion for more info.

Now, Movie Sets can be enabled to automatically fill when scraping a movie. This is an option in Movie Preferences -> Scraper Tab. Enable "TMDb - Where available scraper set name".

For setting movies to a Set, you will first have to add the set name to Movie Set list, then in TableView, you can select multiple movies, and set them all to this new Set.

You can also do this from the Movie Browser list, where after you select more that one movie, you get Multi-Mode, and can set the selected movies to a new Set (plus other options).

As for BoxSet art, this isn't going to be possible until XBMC has a method of importing BoxSet artwork, which it currently doesn't do. But there are add-on's for XBMC that will allow this. I think one is called "Artwork Downloader", but can't recall right now.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

Rob
Thanks for the answers... Rob... Keep up the great work.
Marked as answer by monkeyslapper on 2/3/2014 at 5:49 AM