This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Concerts & extra art question

Jun 8, 2014 at 3:36 PM
Want to start off by saying keep up the awesomeness that is MC!!

I remember seeing a post telling us all to keep our eyes open for possible Concert/Music Video support. Just wondering if that's still on the table?

I've seen it mentioned, albeit briefly, about other atr options (logo, disc, clearart, etc). I wanted to re-open discussion on that as i feel having a one-stop application to manage all artwork would, I feel, be ideal. I know not everyone uses the additional art types, but having the ability to scrape fanart.tv, and TheAudioDB.com for art would push MC to a whole new level.

Yes, there is the artwork downloader add-on, but it is less than ideal and still leaves managing artwork tedious at best. Would it be too difficult to have the option to download and manage other art? Right now the naming scheme is logo.png, disc.png, clearart.png. I've read posts that eventually the naming might mirror that of <movie title>-logo.png, etc. so maybe, if implemented, we could have option to save as such (like with poster option now).

One last thing: are there any plans to add the option to use additional scrapers (theconcertdb, tvrage, epguides, rotten tomatoes, animenewsnetwork, fanart.tv, etc)? Is that feasible or would it add too much bloat?

It seems like you're the only one active on the project right now vbatt,and i want to let you know that I, and I'm sure EVERYBODY, greatly appreciate the time and effort you put into making this THE best media manager out right now,

I'll save music for another time (j/k) :-)
Coordinator
Jun 8, 2014 at 6:05 PM
Gidday RonnieG3

Firstly, thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm doing the best I can right now, with the free time I have available.

To answer your questions, yes, music video functionality is being added to Media Companion, although it has slowed down some.

And it has been on the cards to include additional scrapers, but not as many as you have mentioned. Fanart.tv and ClearArt have been the most common request, and it is coming down to finding the time to incorporate these into Media Companion.

For now, I have been bug-chasing like crazy, and trying to get through the To Do List (er, Roadmap), to make MC as reliable as possible.

My recent shift to Windows 7, and Visual Studio 2013, has meant a re-learning of the tools used to debug Media Companion.

So please, bear with me, as the plans are still set to incorporate more functionality, without sacrificing use-ability and performance.

Regards

Rob
Jun 9, 2014 at 11:35 PM
Edited Jun 9, 2014 at 11:49 PM
Thanks for quick response!!

Understandable with bug chasing and adding what's already in the cards. It's just nice to have a picture where things are headed (time permitting, of course).

Quick question: On the general tab of general preferences, any way to change the default artwork version to Frodo and onward? Is the old way of defining artwork still applicable?

I've been using MC since early Billy days have seen developers come and go. It's just nice to know that one is still attached to the project that truly works on making it the best!!

Speaking of, it seems you're the only active developer on the project currently. I know life gets in the way and makes us put things on hold for bit, so please, don't feel you're being rushed. But out of curiosity, are Huey and Phil and others still around, or are you truly on your own here?
Coordinator
Jun 9, 2014 at 11:46 PM
No problem. Sometimes feel a bit burned out, but always come back to MC.

I also was an early adopter of MC. Tried the rest, but felt they were over the top, or accommodating more than just XBMC. Oh, and some were darn right clunky.

AnotherPhil still pokes his head in now and again, and Huey's still around as well. I do know they've both had Read-Life to deal with, but MC isn't a forgotten project for them. As well as Billy is still around.

It was Billy's work that was involved in adding Music Video scraping to MC. Just some trimmings and layout work to be done there, and it will make a public appearance.
Jun 10, 2014 at 3:21 AM
That's good to hear. It's nice to everyone comes back home.

So I know you're getting ready to release another build, but I wanted to bring your attention to something in case it's not on your radar. I got a hold of your last test build (3.5.9.7h) from the Latest Build Problems thread (I was using 3.5.9.7b before that). Where b had HUGE banner and little poster on TV side, h is the opposite. I can resize, but when I switch shows it reverts back to default Large fanart/poster, little banner.

Coordinator
Jun 10, 2014 at 3:30 AM
Yes, this has been commented on before, just haven't gotten around to resolving it for everyone.

Usually this is obvious if you have a High Def monitor, and are running MC full screen. Might be wrong about that.
I set it up that the fanart and poster would be proportional on the screen, with remaining vertical space for the banner. Seems I got that badly wrong, though it does look OK on my screen, but I'm running 1440x900 at work, and 1600x1050 at home.

I'll make sure I get this right before the next release.