This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Feature request: Custom TV Shows\Home Movies\DVD

Jul 20, 2014 at 9:35 AM
Edited Jul 20, 2014 at 3:32 PM
As we all know, thetvdb is very fussy with what they list and sometimes things just get removed or changed.
Example 1 and Thetvdb crap

I have a few DVD's (with chapters) I would like to rip and create custom TV Show info for.
Thus something like a DVD tab similar to mix between Home Movies with TV Shows tab features\preferences.

It would also be nice if Home Movies get some extra basic features similar to Movie tab preferences.
I have already used Home Movies for indexing some of my custom DVD rip's but would like editing more details.
And having my home\family movies separate from my DVD`s which aren't listed on thetvdb\imdb would actually be nice.

I also have some web series i wouldn't mind indexing for XBMC.
This made me think of the above: Discontinued NFO generator
Coordinator
Jul 20, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Still on the cards to add Custom TV Show to Media Companion

As for Home Movies, what sort of extra basic features are you looking for?
Jul 20, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Edited Aug 9, 2014 at 5:57 PM
Was thinking about context menu options similar to:
  • Edit Movie (Alternative)
  • Edit Fanart\Poster Browser (Alternative)
  • Movie & Tag Sets (But then we actually need a Custom Movies tab because I believe Home Movies tab add "Home Set" as default into the nfo)
Here are some modified thoughts:
NFO editor
TVshow NFO creator-discontinued
Fanart Browser
Poster Browser
XBMC Movies local info only
XBMC TVshows local info only
Coordinator
Jul 20, 2014 at 7:23 PM
Reading this, i believe your after a Custom Movie Creator, as Alt Movie Edit, Fanart/Poster etc aren't suitable for a Home Movie.

Custom Movie, like custom Tv has one issue. A Unique ID key, some way of identifying the movie that is fixed. This has been my problem with adding Custom TV Shows to Media Companion, how to create a Unique ID that XBMC will accept, and can be filtered by Media Companion.

Will have to give this some thought.