This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Everything 'passed' apart from 'XBMC Connect'. Help please.

Nov 22, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Edited Nov 22, 2014 at 6:39 PM
Hello

LONG time XBMC/Kodi user, but somehow only just discovered Media Companion, which is just awesome, so first of all, big thanks to the developers.

I'm trying to setup the XBMC link, and got everything to pass, apart from 'XBMC Connect' which fails on Port, Username & Password, each receiving big fat red X.

Unless I am high, I am 100% sure these match, so I have no idea why these fail. Any ideas please?

Thank you

[UPDATE] Hi. Me again.......erm..........it was the password. :) Sorry!

Are there any security concerns when using webserver?
Coordinator
Nov 22, 2014 at 7:04 PM
Gidday jackhulk

There aren't any concerns for activating XBMC's webserver, as long as you've got a good password. If your at all concerned, post a question on XBMC/Kodi site.

Checking KODI Wiki site, doesn't seem to mention anything at all about security concerns

Glad you got it sorted out. As I'm not too familiar with this section of code.
Nov 22, 2014 at 7:16 PM
Thanks vbat99. I'm only using internal IP anyways, so I don't think XBMC is currently open to the outside world, unless someone knows different? Yeah I will ask on Kodi forum if needs be.

Will you be 'sticking another shrimp on the barbie' today? :)
Coordinator
Nov 22, 2014 at 7:52 PM
Ha ha, sorry, nope, Not Aussie, but close. In New Zealand. (Better).
Nov 23, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Are you suuuure you're not from OZ originally? Something is trying to tell me this! Each time I have viewed your posts, while messing with Kodi movie library displayed on second screen, consisting of over 1500+ movies, it's randomly ended up on a movie from OZ! Yesterday it was Crocodile Dundee 2, which I just shrugged off, but today happened for a second time, and this time it's............. Wolf Creek 2! Maybe you're the dude!!!! Done the deeds and now skipped town laying low in NZ!!

Or maybe I've just completely lost it, now seeing too many signs!
Coordinator
Nov 23, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Now that's just spooky.... but nope.
Made in Holland, born in New Zealand. Have two sisters that were born in Australia, but I don't hold that against them....much. HAHAHAHAHAHA.