This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Getting XBMC to see MC metadata changes?

Dec 9, 2014 at 5:32 AM
This has probably been asked a million times...

I had about 150 movies misidentified as "It's a Wonderful Life" by XBMC. I used MC to fix them by going to the IMDB pages and selecting the correct movie, etc. The movie folders now contain the correct pictures and nfo files with great metadata.

But XBMC is not syncing it up properly (I use a shared SQL database BTW). The main movie entry still claims the films are "It's a Wonderful Life" and the metadata matches that. But the artwork is all for the correct film. So XBMC is seeing some of it....

BTW, XBMC adapts just fine to the TV Series being changed by MC.

Any idea as to the cause and how I might go about fixing it?

Thanks again.
Coordinator
Dec 9, 2014 at 6:14 AM
Hmmm, are you using XBMC Link? or did you update XBMC Library before realizing there were mis-scrapes?

I can only think to delete the movies in XBMC Library, or, depending on amount of movies, change the content from Movie, to None. when asked if you want to remove, click no. Then Change the content back to Movies, and when asked if you want to refresh, click yes.
This should get the correct metadata for the mis-scraped movies.

Hope thats of help.
Dec 9, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Thanks, that worked like a charm.

My XBMC updates automatically. So that TV episodes automatically get sucked up. So I use MC after the fact to fix XBMC mistakes....

Coordinator
Dec 9, 2014 at 6:14 PM
No Worries.

For Tv Shows, you can highlight the series, go Info for the series, then select Refresh, and click yes to Refresh all Episodes

This in effect removes the Tv Series, and Episodes, and re-adds to the XBMC Library. Easy way to fix up one Tv Show.

One more thing of interest. Check this wiki link to get XBMC to import the Watched Status of Episodes/Movies.
In Media Companion, you can set watched status per episode, per season or per show. And with the settings as mentioned, this will show in the XBMC Library.

Cheers

Rob
Marked as answer by vbat99 on 10/16/2015 at 12:20 PM