This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Just Curious...

Jul 8, 2015 at 8:41 PM
Just a quick question really: How difficult would it be to incorporate something like TV Tunes support? "One Program to Rule Them All." Those users that download themes (or make their own) could have a stand alone program not incorporated into their respective Media Center to search and manage tunes.

I know it's not on the table as an option, but I was wondering if it was something that could be incorporated if enough users wanted it? I don'y even know what the API's like or if it would be possible, I was thinking "What else would i like to see MC do?" and Voila! (okay, it's not even top on my list. I'd like to see concerts, hell I'd love music, but I know better...)
Coordinator
Jul 8, 2015 at 8:47 PM
Couple of Questions:
  1. Where are the TV Tunes gotten from?
  2. How do you want these stored? Within the TV Series folder?
  3. Is this something that XBMC/Kodi will scrape, or just for personal use?
  4. Is this something that needs to be displayed in MC, or as you mentioned, maybe a standalone app that's part of Media Companions download?
If the site uses an API, I'd hope they use TVDB Id, then it may be possible to create a side-app for Media Companion.

But I also know if I give priority to this, then user's of other requested features (probably SubTitle Donwload) will, well, ya know....
Coordinator
Jul 8, 2015 at 9:20 PM
Looking at the TVTunes Addon, and the three sites this addon accesses, there is no api. It's all raw html trawling, using other python scripts.

To do this for Media Companion would be a build from the ground-up job, as I don't intend to include Python as a part of Media companion.

It would be very hard work, unless I can find an open-source dot net project.
Jul 8, 2015 at 10:00 PM
Oooh, didn't realize that. Theme's are just stored as Theme.mp3 within the series or movie folder (I believe). If the theme is there, it plays, if not, nothing.

Shame there is no API. Like I said initially, was just curious, but it's not worth it if it's going to take away from subtitle support and the other things that are in the works.