This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

TV Show - Exchange Spaces with -_- OR -.-

Aug 2, 2015 at 6:38 PM
Would like to see option in TV Shows like there is in Movies when renaming files.
Coordinator
Aug 2, 2015 at 6:56 PM
In my experience having underscore or full stop between words in tv episodes makes it harder for MC and XBMC/Kodi to scrape the episode.

I actually have to find a fix for episode numbering with a fullstop between the season and episode numbers, ie: 1.01
But that's another story.

If you can give me a valid argument for adding this as a feature, I'll seriously consider it.
Aug 2, 2015 at 8:24 PM
It's the way Sick beard renames files. Just looking to make it consistent or at least have the option to do so.

From Sick beard's Post Processing Section

Show.Name.S02E03.Ep.Name.ext
Coordinator
Aug 3, 2015 at 1:20 AM
Hmmm, never did like how sickbeard handled filenames and create of the nfo.

If it's not too difficult, I'll see about adding this to Media Companion.

Placed on the RoadMap as a feature request, but will have to check how MC deals with episode file-names with full stops in place of spaces.
Aug 6, 2015 at 12:53 AM
In sickbeard choose custom in the naming section under naming pattern. You can name your episodes darn near any way you want. Turn on the toggle name convention box and it will show you all the options. For example mine is:

Season %S/%SN - S%0SE%0E - %EN

Which gives you

Chuck - S04E01 - Chuck Versus The Anniversary

The first part,%S, creates the season folder if one is not already there. The rest is easily ciphered from the convention box.