Drag n drop Root Folders

Aug 16, 2015 at 8:01 PM
Edited Aug 18, 2015 at 6:51 PM
Using v3.6.2.4
Was wondering if anyone else experienced the following under TV Shows:
If i drag and drop sequential folders onto "List of Separate Folders" it seems to
duplicate\replicate my first drops almost like it keeps pasting what is in "clipboard memory"

As example i will drag a single folder > Freakazoid and it adds Freakazoid (1). After that i drag and drop Johnny Bravo and it adds another Freakazoid (2) and Johnny Bravo (1). If I add another it changes to Freakazoid (3) Johnny Bravo (2) Another Show (1) etc. Thus with 3 shows dropped the total shows with duplicates becomes 6 items. Using a mapped network drive. (But Z:\ or \KODI\Drive yields same result)

I am very happy to see "TV - Added drag n drop TV Root folder to List of Root Folders." added in next version.
Coordinator
Aug 18, 2015 at 6:09 AM
Fixed in latest release. Spotted that bug as well. Dl mc 3.625b
Aug 18, 2015 at 6:52 PM
Edited Aug 18, 2015 at 6:53 PM
Great thx.
I love the new tick box feature. Would really enjoy that feature under TV Shows root folders :-)
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2015 at 12:06 AM
Knew I'd seen a request for this for TV.

OK, will see what can be done for the next release.

TV Root folders only, not separate TV Show folder. That would be diabolical.
Coordinator
Aug 20, 2015 at 1:27 AM
Edited Aug 21, 2015 at 8:34 PM
@ingeon

Wondering how this should best work.
Option 1:
(Logical option)
UnChecking an TV Root folder should remove all series within that root folder from List of Separate folders.
But, Checking a TV Root folder, shouldn't automatically add all series within that Root Folder to List of Series folders ... or should it.

Options 2:
Removed before anyone really, really really wants it in MC>....LOL

I'd prefer option 1, as can do this almost immediately. Just need to verify the code I've just done, and modify mc_com.exe to accept new format.

I know Option 2 sounds classier, but there'd be no speed improvement, maybe minor performance hit instead.

Thoughts please.
Aug 21, 2015 at 5:24 PM
I also think Option 1.
Checking\UnChecking a TV Root folder should Add\Remove all series within that root folder To\From List of Separate folders. (Perhaps auto runs Check List For Removed Folders in the background in a sense...) but shouldn't affect\change anything in Main browser until "Save changes" clicked (Will the need for a Cancel button then get added or does Undo Changes already serve as Cancel for any changes made?)
Also adding a context button to Check\Uncheck all in List of Root Folders both for movies and TV Shows would be a bonus.

Personally I feel the same as you about Option 2.
I'm not sure why there shouldn't be a speed improvement since everything should be pre-loaded in cache...
It sounds nice but I can see the potential headaches this could cause and not sure you should have even suggested it :-P
Coordinator
Aug 21, 2015 at 8:57 PM
Edited my earlier post and removed Option 2 so no-one else says they want it.

I've incorporated option1.

But, while unchecking a Root folder, it removes those series that are in the selected Root folder, from List of Separate folders. It does not Add series if a Root folder is checked.
I felt that auto-adding series back might tick some users off. They can always click the Add folders from Roots button. I may even add a r-click option where a user can r-click a Root folder and select to Add Series from This Root folder

Undo Changes cancels all changes.

Not sure if a check\uncheck all is required. How many root folders do you have in Movies or TV?

Have also improved those checkedlistboxes, where check/uncheck only occurs on the box, not on the line. Noticed when I went to select a root folder to remove, it would uncheck or check.

Hope to have new build out over the weekend....
Marked as answer by vbat99 on 10/16/2015 at 11:46 AM