This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

TV-Shows - Series banners

Oct 17, 2015 at 2:49 AM
A lot of seasons do not have banners. Is it possible to copy Show banner to season banner if no season banner available?
I have a lot of seasons, no banners. It's time consuming to add banners manually from TVDb.
Coordinator
Oct 17, 2015 at 6:14 AM
It's possible, but I wouldn't want to code that.

How would you know when a banner does come available.? Specially as some shows take a few episodes till someone uploads a season banner.
Oct 19, 2015 at 4:53 PM
Couldn't that be done by re-scraping?
MC finds season banners if available.
Until a season banner is available, use the show banner.
Coordinator
Oct 19, 2015 at 7:16 PM
That would mean we'd need to bit compare the show banner with the season banner to confirm they are a match, if they are, then check if a new banner is available.

What if someone uploads the show banner to TVDB as the season banner.

Sorry, it would become messy and slow down Media Companion.

I'll think about adding an option to save show banner to season banner if not available. But I won't add a function to check for new season banner. If you ever want to check this, you'd have to use the rescrape wizard, and disable the option to overwrite images. But this will overwrite all images.
Or, right click the banner and select Scrape Banner.

Personally, I do this manually, selecting a random TV Show banner and saving this as the series banner. I know it's time consuming, but it only needs to be done once.
Coordinator
Oct 20, 2015 at 2:48 AM
So for the next release, there is a new option in the TV Batch Rescrape Wizard.

You will first need to select under Download Missing Artwork, the option Poster/s, and the option to save main banner as season banner if banner missing, will come available.
Select Save Main Banner as Season Banner if none to Download.
If a season is present, and there is no seasonXX-banner.jpg file, then the series main banner.jpg is copied to the seasonXX-banner file.

Cheers
Marked as answer by jockbond on 10/20/2015 at 8:03 AM
Oct 20, 2015 at 3:05 PM
Edited Oct 20, 2015 at 3:05 PM
Good compromise. Thank you again.