Media companion with Raspberry Pi and KODI

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:13 AM
Edited Mar 17, 2016 at 9:13 AM
I've got my movie and tv catalog on and external drive which i have been using with my raspberry pi quite successfully with the aid of media companion.

This last week i've upgraded to a PI3 and installed openelec. The idea is I should now be able to use my existing external harddrive with the media companion nfo's and downloaded artwork to quickly rebuild the database on the new pi3.

Unfortunately even though I've added my movies and tv shows as NFO and local data only, the scrapers still seam to be getting the thumbnails and picture data by scraping from the web, not taking them from the movie/tv shows own folders.

Is this an issue because KODI's scrapers are getting the urls from the media companion nfo files regardless of which settings I use in KODI?

Or do I need to adjust the settings in media companion somehow to remove URL's from the created NFO's?

Hope this makes sense. Ideally I don't want it to take days rebuilding my new database on KODI. :)
Coordinator
Mar 17, 2016 at 5:12 PM
As long as you have set the content to Movie or TV, and also changes the scraper to Local Information Only, then Kodi should only be getting the local nfo and local artwork.

I personally set MC to not put artwork urls into the nfo, only because my artwork is local, so why point to external sources.
This is my preference, not a recommendation to anyone.
Mar 17, 2016 at 5:31 PM
Thank you for your reply vbat, can you tell me how to do the same in the settings on media companion? I can't find a "what goes in the created NFO" section in preferences.
Coordinator
Mar 17, 2016 at 6:26 PM
Movie preferences -> General tab,
Options like
Disable extra Frodo poster and Thumb URL's
I also tick
Exclude adding Alternative Titles to nfo