This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Custom Tv series?

Mar 23, 2016 at 6:18 PM
The release notes list a bug fix for Custom Tv, but I cannot find any discussion on this site on how to use it. In the past I have been able fake showid to create my own series, but 3.607b which I was running until yesterday nor 3.648b seem to have an obvious way to do that and neither one of them recognizes the .nfo files I created for the "Dragon Tattoo Trilogy". In fact MC3.468b changed them to .info with no explanation. thetvdb does not seem to have the series online under any of the titles that have been talked about, for example Millennium or "Men who hate women". I attempted to create the series on tvdb but they deleted it. Plex has accepted my .nfo files using the XBMCnfo plugin, but MC does not show the episodes. Is CustomTV enabled and if so how to I get it to work?
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2016 at 2:55 AM
Custom TV isn't enabled at this time, but I have started work on it.
I can't give you a time frame yet, as I am only just laying the ground work.

To get around your above issue, make sure the tvshow.nfo has a dummy ID. In MC I will be using a dummy ID in sequence MCxxxxxx, basically using a modified date/time format.
<id>MC123456</id>
I suspect that MC main TV section will handle this, but if not, you'll need to wait a bit till Custom TV is ready.