SetID vs CollectionNumber tag in .nfo

Aug 25, 2016 at 2:12 AM
If a movie is in a collection, or set, Media Companion seems to capture the ID of the movie set in the <setid> tag. I use Emby as my media server and it requires the ID to be in the <collectionnumber> tag in order to group the movies correctly. Is there anyway to make the switch in Media Companion to use <collectionnumber> instead?
Coordinator
Aug 25, 2016 at 2:26 AM
As we use TMDbId, IMDbID, and now setId, I would assume that Emby would be better to change their collectionnumber which could also be misconstrued to be how many movies in a collection.

Unfortunately, as setId is an internal identification for the Collection Id number, same as collectionnumber is for Emby, I am not inclined to change this in Media Companion, as many users have this stored in their movies. We also make extensive references to this ID tag in Media Companion.

What I might be able to do, is also save MC's setId as collectionnumber in the nfo, and have MC read the collectionnumber from Emby created nfo's.
I don't like to do this, as it is more information in the nfo that is not needed.

Maybe I can create an option for those users that need to have this.
Aug 25, 2016 at 6:51 AM
Edited Aug 25, 2016 at 6:52 AM
As a side note, in my last versions of MC (experienced in 3.660 and 3.661) it seems the set info is now cached in MC and not stored in the nfo file.
Thus after a movie reload one has to scan the tmdb set info again for the setId and the set name.
Coordinator
Aug 25, 2016 at 9:36 AM
ingeon wrote:
As a side note, in my last versions of MC (experienced in 3.660 and 3.661) it seems the set info is now cached in MC and not stored in the nfo file.
Thus after a movie reload one has to scan the tmdb set info again for the setId and the set name.
AnotherPhil has done extensive changes to the MovieSet section, and noted some issues after 3.661 was released. There is more work in progress, and I have been advising him of issues as I can test the changes made.

I do hope next release will resolve most if not all outstanding issues.
Aug 30, 2016 at 6:24 PM
vbat99 wrote:
I do hope next release will resolve most if not all outstanding issues.
Can't wait :-)
Coordinator
Aug 30, 2016 at 6:40 PM
Still ironing out the kinks.

AnotherPhil has been doing amazing work on the Movie Set/Collection code, just need to ensure all users are going to get good satisfaction with the changes.