This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Link to facebook

Oct 12, 2016 at 6:23 PM
Somehow my Media companion opens IMDB linked to my wifes facebook account. I can log out but when I select login with facebook it defaults to her account again. There is no way to say thats not my account. Both Edge and Chrome both auto log in as me, but not the browser in Media Companion.

How do you clear this setting and force it to re-ask which account to link to?
Coordinator
Oct 12, 2016 at 7:09 PM
Hi Paul

That's a weird one. I assume as you mentioned Edge browser that you are on Windows 10.

When MC is set to open an external browser, it send the IMDB http url.
I am not sure why Edge or Chrome is opening the facebook url.

Will check how this functions on Windows 10 later today and see what the heck is going on.
Oct 12, 2016 at 7:20 PM
Edited Oct 12, 2016 at 7:39 PM
Yes I am on win 10.

MC opens in its own frame as it should (it was not set to open an external browser) and logs in as my wife.

I mentioned Chrome and edge as they were the only other browsers on the PC and thought they may share config. I opened these manually. They did not seem to have the same default facebook config and would auto log in as me just fine when the login with facebook button in IMDB was pressed.

Hope this clarifies
Coordinator
Oct 12, 2016 at 7:32 PM
Just to clarify, The IMDB page does not open at all? Only Facebook tab opens?
Oct 12, 2016 at 7:43 PM
The IMDB page does open. It has a logon feature "logon with facebook" but this MC browser seems to be attached to my wifes facebook account. And I cannot find a way to clear this association. How do I clear the browser settings for the internal MC browser.
Coordinator
Oct 12, 2016 at 7:48 PM
I recall Facebook altered its login whereby a user can click a image instead of typing their username/password.
Wonder if this is causing the issue.

I'll check in Win 10 and see what happens. Let you know.
Coordinator
Oct 12, 2016 at 9:28 PM
On my Win10 in Virtualbox, full updated and Edge set to auto-login into Facebook, I don't seem to have any issues.
IMDb page loads correctly.

I see the button to Sign in with Facebook but all the normal data is there.
Oct 13, 2016 at 1:38 AM
I think you have misunderstood the issue. I t does log in (as my wife). If I want to log in as myself then all I need to do is log out and try and log in again. EXCEPT that it detects and stores "somewhere" that this browser is attached to my wife and logs in as her again.

I just want to clear the browser setting/cache/history or something. So it will ask bme shich account and allow me to log in as me.
Coordinator
Oct 13, 2016 at 1:43 AM
Right, I understand.

It's nothing to do with Media Companion. Media Companion doesn't have an internet cache, as the internal browser uses IE, and if calling an external browser, then that browser handles the cookies etc for logging in.

Maybe use ccleaner program to clear all Browser Caches (usually a good thing to do as Edge and Chrome don't remove all cache files).
Oct 19, 2016 at 4:25 AM
Edited Oct 19, 2016 at 4:25 AM
More than likely, IMDB is pulling the current logged in user. Maybe your wife didn't log out of her Facebook.

I also wonder if your wife is logged into the Facebook Win 10 app with her account instead of yours.

Go to Facebook, on Edge or Chrome and log out of your wife's account and then log into your account.

Facebook's cookie is pulling your wife's Facebook account into IMDB.