Auto fetch / monitor folders for new movies

Oct 20, 2016 at 6:53 AM
HI,
really love this media scarper program, and the active responses from the developer(s) :-)

Seached high and low but can not seem to find if there is a option for monitoring folder(s)
for new added movies.

So if I add a new movie to a folder, MC should automatically try to scrape the newly add movies.

Hope this make sense
Coordinator
Oct 20, 2016 at 10:06 AM
Gidday muggi

This feature isn't in Media Companion...yet.

I know it has been asked of before, but there was only one or two users that were after this feature.

I am now thinking of adding this to the To Do list.

Can't give an eta just yet, but maybe in the next one or two releases.
Oct 20, 2016 at 12:52 PM
Hi Vbat99,
Would be nice with the feature eventhough is more of a "nice to have" feature.

I guess the best would be for the feature, to be able to enable/disable it on each folder (maybe in the folder tab)

Maybe it just as easy to just deselect the folder, as the option appears, for the folders you do not want to monitor.

Just hope this feature wont make MC laggy/slow.
Nov 12, 2016 at 5:53 AM
I would love to see this feature as well, but otherwise I am really enjoying the program.
Coordinator
Nov 16, 2016 at 7:58 PM
It may take some time to add this feature.

But there is an alternative. Profiles in Media Companion.

You can create a new profile, select a specific folder for new incoming movies, and then with Windows Scheduler, set up either mc_com.exe to scrape every 20 minutes (as an example).

Note: mc_com.exe will need to set up in a Batch file, and run from the Media Companion directory.
Ie:
C:\
cd "Media Companion"
mc_com.exe -m -p test
So in the example above, -m is scan for new movies.
-p is use a specific profile, in this case test profile
May 21 at 7:04 PM
Edited May 22 at 1:47 PM
HI, is the feature now implemented under Preferences -> Movie preferences -> Advanced - Autoscraper Timer ?
or is this not the same ?

I can see it do not have the option, to autoscrape/monitor a specific folder , for newly added movies
Coordinator
May 22 at 7:30 AM
Yes, this is now part of Media Companion.