This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

New Episodes Folder?

Nov 18, 2016 at 3:02 PM
I've just recently started using MC and love it, it's a little confusing and it seems to misbehave once in a while with missing episodes but apart from that everything is great.

But I have a question, currently I use two programs to maintain my collections, I use Filebot to rename and organize them in to the correct folders, and then I'm using MC to create the metadata for shows.

I'd love to be able to use MC for just this, but I don't think I can so this is a partial question and suggestion.

Is there a way to have MC monitor a folder for new episodes, would it then be possible to show just new additions to MC (say, 24hr recently added) so you can check and confirm them?

Right now, as far as I can tell, if I set MC to watch the download folder, it would scrape the files, I could then tell it to rename and reorganize everything and if I've set it right it would do so, but,

A) I don't believe I can currently see what new episodes have been found in a concise list so I could prevent any issues with individual episodes being misnamed.
B) I don't believe I can see what was recently changed so I could amend any issues or misteps in the auto system.

Is such a view possible? Can I see recent additions?

If my ramblings don't make sense, please feel free to ask questions and I'll try and lay out the idea a bit better :)
Nov 20, 2016 at 7:20 AM
MC is here to scrape the episodes that are within added series folders. But you will need to use your Filebot program to move them into the correct locations.
Filebot does not need to rename the files, as Media Companion has this functionality in place, as long as the filename of the episodes has the season and episode number in a sequence that MC can regex. See MC - Best pratices - scroll down to TV section.

It has been requested to ass a monitoring folder, but this is not actually necessary.
Media Companion.exe and also mc_com.exe can be added to Scheduler so they run at certain intervals.
See Media Companion with Command line options
and Command line options for mc_com.exe

To add some of the requested features would require some overhauling of the Tv section, specially in regards to the existing filter section.
Sorry, but at this time, there is not a way to display last scraped episodes.
Nov 20, 2016 at 10:39 AM
That's a fine answer :) Thank you for taking the time to respond to me, I'm happy to keep using Filebot and MC together if that is the best way :)