This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Feature Request - Database cleanup

Jan 7 at 9:04 PM
Edited Jan 7 at 9:14 PM
First off a well meant thank you for an awesome software.

Secondly i have three feature requests for the Movies portion of MC.
  1. A search and list filter for missing media files. That way i can run the search and get a filtered list of all the database entries that does not have a corresponding media file.
  2. A duplicate filter for database entries.
  3. A scan for and deletion of invalid NFO files that are NOT in the database.
These three features would greatly help with cleanup of my database when I've either stupidly added the same file twice with different names or when I've replaced a title with a new media file without remembering to clean up the database or simply forgotten to clean up olf NFO files before adding them to the database.

Thank you very much for an awesome piece of software.
Jan 8 at 9:21 PM
For number 2 there is a duplicates filter under the general filter at the bottom left below the movie list. Does this not help?
Coordinator
Jan 9 at 12:27 AM
Edited Jan 9 at 12:29 AM
No. 1. If there is missing media files, but nfo's exists, you have one method to do as you've asked.
first, ensure you have enabled the option "Include Missing Video Files when rebuilding Cache". in Movie Preferences -> General Tab. Refresh All.
What this does, is if there is a Valid nfo, but no actual video file, the nfo is read and loaded into Media Companion as if the video file did exist. Clicking on the affected movie title would advise that the Video file is missing.
But, this is the trick. Export as Basic CSV.
Then in MC, disable the option "Include Missing Video Files when rebuilding Cache", Refresh all. Export again to basic CSv calling it another name.
Then use Notepad + + to compare the two files. You will be able to see which actual videos are missing but their nfo's still exist.

It may be possible to add a filter to the General filters for missing video files. I will have a look, but it will not make the next release of Media Companion.

No. 2, as BesterH13 stated above.

No. 3 Invalid nfo's are usually renamed to .info during scraping. But, some users do keep the nfo around from when/where they get their video files from.
And I am not sure how we could assess what is an invalid nfo.
I am a bit wary of doing this.
Coordinator
Jan 9 at 9:17 PM
New addition to General Filter, "Missing Video file".
Will list all movie titles, where a nfo exists, but the actual video files is not present with the nfo.

Will be in the next release of Media Companion.
Coordinator
Jan 9 at 9:40 PM
New addition to General Filter, "Missing Video file".
Will list all movie titles, where a nfo exists, but the actual video files is not present with the nfo.

Will be in the next release of Media Companion.