This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

MC don't retrieve Fanart.tv artworks anymore

Jul 27 at 9:24 PM
Edited Jul 27 at 9:29 PM
Hi,
Since a few day, I can't retrive artwork images from the Fanart.TV module through MediaCompanion.
The server seems to work as MC shows results but the images are not displayed in the MC tabs and can't be downloaded even on a blind try.
Here is what I get for every movies I tried : https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=268759Capturedcran20170727231046.png

The issue is the same with a few versions of MC that I've tried, including 3.677b x86.
It's the same problem for movies or TV Shows.
Many thanks for the help and thank you so much for this essentiual tool !
Coordinator
Jul 28 at 4:27 AM
Yes, I am attempting to figure out why the images are not being downloaded.
We are getting the data from Fanart.TV, but the images return zero size.

I do know that Fanart.TV has been moving Servers, but they mentioned this should be all resolved now....doesn't seem to be.

Plse be patient. It is probably a Fanart.TV issue...but I am investigating MC for issues.
Jul 28 at 9:01 AM
OK, no problem to be patient as I used to download and rename those files manually before MC help me do that so I can wait.
I wanted to know if this issue was just mine or due to that kind of server problem.
Thanks for your reply !
Coordinator
Jul 28 at 9:35 PM
The issue is with Media Companion. Due to the changes at Fanart.TV, Media Companion is having difficulty downloading the images as a Stream.

I am working on a fix for Media Companion and once done, will release a new version.
Jul 28 at 10:40 PM
Great news
Thanks a lot !
Coordinator
Jul 31 at 2:55 AM
Download this linked zip file. Extract the utilities.dll for your version of Media Companion, x86 or x64, and overwrite the Utilities.dll in the Media Companion folder.

Note: This utilities.dll is only for MC 3.677b

Link to Zip
Aug 4 at 9:56 AM
Thanks a lot, it's working nicely again !
Now I have a issue (probably related to TheTVdB) that I try adding a new show and it can't be scraped.
Coordinator
Aug 4 at 8:33 PM
Noticed that TheTVDb was up and down a fair bit yesterday.
Try again today, as I can access their site now.
Aug 19 at 6:03 PM
Edited Aug 19 at 6:04 PM
I applied the fix, but fanart.tv is still returning blank images and will not scrape artwork my version is 3.677b x86
Coordinator
Aug 20 at 6:35 PM
Applying the replacement utilities.dll fixed my working 3.677b x86.
Aug 20 at 9:45 PM
disregard my previous post, due to a permissions error, the file did not actually copy, to the directory. It is now working.
Coordinator
Aug 21 at 3:26 AM
Glad you got it sorted....was starting to doubt myself. LOL