Media Companion is the original free to use Movie/TV Show manager and organizer that offers full XBMC integration.
Simply put, Media Companion offers the facility to gather information from the Internet and make this information available to you in an organized manner.
The information collected includes such things as posters, backdrops, plot summary, actors and actor images, ratings etc, and are placed with your video files for easy addition to your library.
New Release 3.567b (2013-05-24)
See DOWNLOADS tab for details.
A large number of changes and new functionality are in this release. Feedback is welcome.
Polite request: If you post a review and within that, raise an issue. Please raise an issue! Thanks.
Some, but getting fewer and fewer. Please see the
To Do List
*** Media Companion requires .NET 4.0 Client (available from Microsoft Download
possibly optional download). The .NET Full Framework is no longer required (but can still be used)
Media Companion Currently supports Movies and TV Shows.
Movie Features include.
- Scrape movie information from IMDB using the inbuilt scraper
- Scrape movie information from IMDb or TVDb using XBMC scraper.
- Download movie posters from any of IMDb, TMDb, IMPA, and MPDB.
- Download movie backdrops from TMDb.
- Download movie trailers from IMDb.
- View and edit all obtained data.
- Saving of Media Tags in NFO.
- Include 'ExtraThumbs' & ‘ExtraFanart’ (For skins that support this function, movies need to be in individual folders)
- Auto-Rename using custom or set parameters
- Search and browse movies using a selection of filters and searches.
- Export to HTML movie details & artwork, with customizable templates.
TV Show features include.
- Choice of inbuilt TVDb scraper or XBMC TVDb scraper
- Automatically download information for TV Shows and episodes from TVDb.
- Download actor images from either TVDb or IMDb.
- Download and select poster for Show and individual seasons.
- Download episode screen shot.
- Create screen shot if download is not available.
- Automatically rename episodes using set or custom parameters
- Include 'ExtraThumbs' & ‘ExtraFanart’ (For skins that support this function)
- Saving of Media Tags in NFO
- Display episodes missing from your collection.
- Display episodes in aired date order (so you can see where the specials fit in)
- Export to HTML TV details with customizable templates.
Home Movie features:
- Addition of home made or movies with no downloading information
- Separate Home Movie Folder
- Setting Title of Home Movie, and Sort Title
- Outline, Staring and year fields.
- Creation of Screen-Shot
Use mc_com.exe in a batch file for automatic movie & TV scraping.
- mc_com.exe -m Scrapes metadata for new movies
- mc_com.exe –e Scrapes metadata for new TV episodes
- mc_com.exe –x Export Movielist as html selected template