1

Closed

3.6.7.7 - Exception scanning particular TV Episode

description

MC 3.6.7.7 64-bit on Windows 10 x64

Scanning the entire series of Marvel's The Defenders and Episode 3 keeps throwing an exception on the rename function:
Called with: [stage: 24a]

System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters: [ ] in path.
Parameter name: \\antmicroserver\Videos\TV Shows\Marvel's The Defenders\Season 1\Marvel's The Defenders - s01e03 - Worst Behavior   .mkv
   at Alphaleonis.Win32.Filesystem.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path, Boolean checkAdditional, Boolean allowEmpty)
   at Alphaleonis.Win32.Filesystem.Path.GetExtension(String path, Boolean checkInvalidPathChars)
   at Media_Companion.TVShows.episodeRename(String eppath, String seasonno, List`1 episodeno, String showtitle, String episodetitle, Boolean EpSpaces, Boolean IsDot)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.ep_add(List`1 alleps, String path, String show, Boolean scrapedok)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.TV_EpisodeScraper(List`1 ListOfShows, Boolean manual)
---Using MC TVDB Scraper---
Starting Folder Scan

Scanned "1" Shows.
Scanned "2" folders (includes Show and subfolders).

"1" Episodes found.

With File : \antmicroserver\Videos\TV Shows\Marvel's The Defenders\Season 1\Marvels.The.Defenders.S01E03.720p.HEVC.x265-MeGusta.mkv
Detected : Season : 01 Episode : 03
Using Settings: TVdbID: 326490 SortOrder: default Language: en Actor Source: tvdb
Scraping body of episode: 3
Scrape body of episode: 3 - OK
Saving episode
Episode Thumb downloaded

Operation Completed
Closed Aug 27 at 2:03 AM by vbat99
Fix in place for next release

comments

vbat99 wrote Aug 19 at 3:07 AM

There seem to be a whole lot of spaces at the end of the episode name before the extension
'''
Marvel's The Defenders - s01e03 - Worst Behavior .mkv
'''
Not sure why that is happening.

I scraped this series this morning, forgot that I had auto-rename off, so r-clicked and rename episode(s), no issue then.

AnthonyB wrote Aug 19 at 3:32 AM

Yeah, I noticed the same (spaces at end of ep name) so I went to that page on TVDB (http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesid=326490&seasonid=706739&id=6038220&lid=7) but couldn't see anything obvious.

Because I have rename on, the exception causes the .nfo to be created but the ep isn't added to the MC library.
So, I did a "Refresh from .nfo" to scan it in and then a right-click "Rename episode" but the rename failed for me?

The log output is as follows:
1 nfo's to rename...

Marvels.The.Defenders.S01E03.720p.HEVC.x265-MeGusta.nfo  -- to --  Marvel's The Defenders - s01e03 - Worst Behavior .nfo!!! *** Not Succeeded - Please rename all files manually!
Reported Message: Illegal characters: [ ] in path.
Parameter name: \\antmicroserver\Videos\TV Shows\Marvel's The Defenders\Season 1\Marvel's The Defenders - s01e03 - Worst Behavior   .nfo
Marvels.The.Defenders.S01E03.720p.HEVC.x265-MeGusta.mkv  -- to --  Marvel's The Defenders - s01e03 - Worst Behavior .mkv!!! *** Not Succeeded - Please rename all files manually!
Reported Message: Illegal characters: [ ] in path.
Parameter name: \\antmicroserver\Videos\TV Shows\Marvel's The Defenders\Season 1\Marvel's The Defenders - s01e03 - Worst Behavior   .mkv
Marvels.The.Defenders.S01E03.720p.HEVC.x265-MeGusta-thumb.jpg  -- to --  Marvel's The Defenders - s01e03 - Worst Behavior   -thumb.jpg!!! *** Not Succeeded - Please rename all files manually!
Reported Message: Illegal characters: [ ] in path.
Parameter name: \\antmicroserver\Videos\TV Shows\Marvel's The Defenders\Season 1\Marvel's The Defenders - s01e03 - Worst Behavior   -thumb.jpg

Updating Tables
Failed to update tables, use 'Refresh TV Shows' menu item to fix
I could obviously manually rename everything and refresh from .nfo again to remediate, but that doesn't solve the underlying issue.

AnthonyB wrote Aug 19 at 3:36 AM

Doh. OK, So, I manually edited the episode title in the MC UI to remove all the space at the end and THEN did a rename episode and it all went fine.

Anyway, root problem of the spaces at the end of the filename which seems to be causing MC to explode is still the mystery to solve. :)

vbat99 wrote Aug 19 at 9:02 AM

OK, will check that whitespaces are properly trimmed at the end of the episode name before the renaming starts.

vbat99 wrote Aug 27 at 2:03 AM

Couldn't reproduce, probably fixed on TVDb, but put extra code in place for catch this if it happens again.