Movie List Information

Mar 4, 2011 at 5:31 PM

I like the Movie Card html list that MediaCompanion is able to create, but is there a way to add file information (resolution, sound, subtitles...) to the card?

Thanks

Dave

Developer
Mar 5, 2011 at 3:09 AM

Unfortunately not at this stage. If you're a programmer you could look at the source to add the features....

Coordinator
Apr 11, 2011 at 1:39 AM
Edited Apr 13, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Hi All,

I have just posted a change/pull request that will do exactly this.

Unfortunately, I'm new to this open source thing, and I'm not sure if I've done this right, so I hope someone will be able to put me on the right path if I've gone astray. :-)

I had a look at the 'HTML Template' forums on Billy's old MC site, and tried to implement as many requests as I could. These include:

User-specified thumbnail creation - <<createimage:[X]>> where [X] is the thumbnail height in pixels, and maintains a 3:4 aspect ratio.

Include any NFO parameter - <<nfo:[parameter]:[char_limit]>> where [parameter] can be any first level tag (e.g. MPAA), and [char_limit] will truncate the string to char_limit-3 and add '...'.

To add file details, use <<nfo:file:video:codec>> for example, following the NFO's nested tags ('file' incorporates <fileinfo><streamdetails> tags, and does not use the char_limit functionality).

I have specifically excluded <actor> and <alternativetitle> tags, sorry.

I've also created another Movie Card template that has side by side cards, and uses examples of the above. It's called Movie Card 2up.

I hope this gets added to the main repository and is beneficial to someone!

Cheers,

Huey

(P.S. an example of the 'Movie Card 2up' template can be seen at http://tinypic.com/r/mw9jpl/7 with an example of a truncated string on the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull one.)

Developer
Apr 12, 2011 at 6:09 AM

Thanks Huey, we have been a bit thin on the ground for changes of any sort for a while....

I'm not sure either on how to test your fork & then merge it with the main source..... 

I see EvLSnoopY was active here on the 12th April, perhaps he can assist....

I would love to try this functionality :)

Cheers

Coordinator
Apr 12, 2011 at 11:28 PM
Edited Apr 12, 2011 at 11:29 PM

@Stormy - I have noticed it's been a bit quiet around these here parts! It seemed like there hadn't been any developer activity since the beginning of Feb!

From what I can figure, it's mostly FreddyKrueger who has been doing merges.(?) I sent a pull request but have no idea where, or to whom, it went!

I would like to be more active and do more development, but want to get thru this initial learning curve first to make sure I don't step on any toes, or worse, break something!

I only started on this for the purely selfish reason of using MC to create XML output with thumb for a Drupal module I was working on.

Then I changed the Movie Card template to suit my own preferences, then, on a roll, looked up the forum to see what else I could do.

I think at that point I realised I was hooked! And maybe one day I'll get back to my Drupal module!

I've been a long time user of MC, and a silent observer of the old forums, and I use MC exclusively for sorting out my media collection.

Now it's open source, I'd like to contribute what little I can (having never used VB or Visual Studio before!).

I've had a couple of work-mates comment on how good the HTML output looks, so have explained about the awesome-ness of Media Companion!

They've downloaded it, but one of them came back to ask how to get it looking like mine.

It was only then I realised about the merging. I've tried to create a "release" for them, but I don't think VS Express does that?

I'd like to have a crack at HTML output for TV next, but I'm no designer and nobody has mentioned what they would like it to look like. Any ideas?

Apr 12, 2011 at 11:43 PM

yep yep yep. I got a new job recently so I haven't been making changes like I used to. I'm going to try making updates to the codebase as much as I can but the changes I have in mind right now have to do with more internal code changes and not functionality changes at the moment. Thanks :)

Developer
Apr 13, 2011 at 5:09 AM
Edited Apr 13, 2011 at 6:18 AM

Thanks EvLSnoopY...

Huey, I have downloaded your fork & I'm playing with it now....

Thanks again for your work.

re the TV listing, I created a small program to list the latest TV shows & episodes for myself & posted it on the MC forum site...

http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/t1401-list-latest-episodes-in-a-html-file#5522

It is very basic, but I would love to see something implemented in MC.

Cheers 

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2011 at 10:42 AM
Edited Apr 15, 2011 at 9:40 AM

Alrighty then, I took Stormy's advice and rar'd it and posted it to MegaUpload:

[link superseded, see below for v3.4.0.2]

I can't for the life of me figure out how VS Express creates a release (there just doesn't appear to be an option) but I got a guy at work (who operates the one and only company VS license!) to generate a release copy. I cut out a bunch of files that didn't seem to be needed, so let me know if I broke some functionality.

Unfortunately, I've stumbled across a wee bug; when batch re-scraping to get the extra info (eg. stars), I've noticed that the first run sets all movie years to (0000). :-(

It will work properly the next time it's run, so that's OK, but I have yet to look into it.

Fortunately, another change (that I forgot to mention) is that I augmented the thumb filename (poster creation UTC, file path CRC32, and thumb height) so that the thumb is not recreated unless one of those parameters changes, speeding up the process.

TV Listing

I have already had a look at that link you provided, Stormy, when I was working on this fork, but never got around to following the procedure of setting up AutoHotKey. Do you have a screenshot I could go off? (A bit lazy, I know!) I guess I should at least download the script!

Developer
Apr 13, 2011 at 11:42 AM

No worries Huey, I had two issues with your Fork, I don't know if they are related to your changes or not...

One was the 0000 year issue, I batch rescraped every movie to get the stars & I restarted MC it didn't resolve the issue. I suspect that the rebatch had killed the year data in the cache, since i then did a rebuild & it then worked.

The other issue was a missing settings file when i initially added my folders & tried to quit MC.

C:\MC Huey Test\Assets\scrapers\metadata.tvdb.com\resources\settings.xml

Because this file didn't exist when MC was trying to write to it it failed, perhaps MC should create an empty file if it can't see one? 

BTW I don't think this is anything that you have done with your coding....this functionality was added a while back to use the XBMC scrapers.

From your post should I be able to use <<nfo:file:audio:codec>> , it tells me "Error in token" if I use it....

Cheers

Developer
Apr 13, 2011 at 11:51 AM

TV.html example

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WYLFN0PI

I think I have only modified the spacing & the title from what was posted on the forum...

Cheers

Coordinator
Apr 14, 2011 at 3:42 AM
Edited Apr 14, 2011 at 7:37 AM

Hey Stormy,

Thanks for the feedback! I'm fairly sure I've addressed the issues you have pointed out.

1) The year (0000) issue - as you suggested, it was left out when re-caching after a batch rescrape. Found it, fixed it.

2) The tvdb settings.xml is missing from the debug assets folder in the main repository altho it is in the main project assets folder. Have copied it across so should be picked up when next I commit.

3) The audio tag error was a good find - I obviously hadn't tested that properly/at all! It turns out there can be multiple audio streams (and subtitles), so is stored as a list. If more than stream (or language), will separate with a slash eg "AC3 / MP3".

I'll get another build sorted and upload it some time today (will be Media Companion 3.4.0.2.rar). Will add it here when I've done it:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X9I7EQMJ

As an aside, I've thrown together a modified version of the "Movie Card 2up" template called "Movie Card Filter" that I'll include in the upload. It adds the capability of being able to display/filter your HTML by alphabet or genre.

It's an incredibly rough and ready javascript solution with no modification to Media Companion (apart from my previous changes), but if there is enough (or some) interest, I'll work on a more elegant and versatile solution.

Developer
Apr 14, 2011 at 7:02 AM

No worries, i know what it is like when you are so close to a project, sometimes you just need someone else to have a fresh look at it....

Oddly, your HTML filter concept I was looking at some ideas myself this morning & it appears you have beat me to it :) I have over 400 movies & at the moment I sort them by reverse date order before creating the HTML file. We use that file as an index of the latest movies we have via our network.

Again Thanks

Cheers

Coordinator
Apr 14, 2011 at 7:48 AM
Edited Apr 14, 2011 at 7:56 AM

There ya go, take that one for a spin 'round the block! Media Companion 3.4.0.2.rar

Like I said, the filter concept is quite primitive; each movie card is a floated DIV, and the filter merely turns on and off the display of each DIV. The order is still determined by MC when you create the HTML.

Ultimately, to get real control is going to take some kind of database, even if that is a flat-file javascript kind of function.

Sorry I beat you to it! I know I would have been gutted to spend a week making these changes, and then find someone else was doing the same thing!

Keep the bugs rolling in; I would like to get as much fixed as I can before the next commit. Thanks again for all your help!

Coordinator
Apr 14, 2011 at 8:13 AM

Stormy, I finally had a look at your TV listing ideas. I think I see what you are trying to achieve; keeping track of episodes to watch? Recent additions in age? I think what you said about sorting movies in reverse order above suggests you keep up to date with your media viewing!

I was looking at a similar concept as the movie listing in as much as keeping track of the collection as a whole. I certainly see the merit in what you are doing - if I get my idea working, do you think you could integrate your idea? Or vice versa? I reckon between us we could knock up something awesome!

Developer
Apr 14, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Huey that filtered HTML page is simply brilliant! Well done! 

I did have one issue though & it was because I had an invalid nfo which contain the line <genre>problem</genre>.

I think this stems from when MC was unable to locate the correct movie for this file. If I leave this file in MC & run your HTML Filter, that movie causes your results to include other shows other than what the filter specifies at the end of the list. It seems that once it hits that movie, it upsets the filtering somehow.

Removing the movie from MC allowed the filter to work as expected.

RE the TV Show listing, I guess as in all projects you need to define the goals first & then try to reach them. As you can see with the movies, the HTML has evolved & with some java scripting the resultant HTML can be more that just a static page.

I believe the aim will be to make it as flexible as possible without making it too complicated to either create or debug or even use!

Perhaps at this stage we should think of what type of outputs we might want to produce & then try & get a mechanism that can handle all of those. The trick with TV shows is being able to display the episode data in a concise way without taking up too much real estate. In addition, an extension of the original purpose of the HTML section was to be able to print out a listing of movies with a reasonable layout, although the main purpose as I see it is the view the information electronically as a web page.

Here's a few ideas...

A list of most recently added episodes - like my addon program 

A list of unwatched shows....

A list of all the Tv Shows with art & a show Synopsis

A list of shows,seasons & episodes (missing shows highlighted perhaps) OR even just a list of missing episodes

A full listing, with show synopsis & episode details, probably requiring some sort of menu system to navigate on the HTML

Cheers 

Richard

Developer
Apr 15, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Further to what i posted above....

The block function you have added, do you think it would be easy to specify the number of columns?  Perhaps 3 or 4 depending on screen realestate?

The reason is we may find that with TV Shows that more columns is better or at least more flexible....

TV Shows are going to be a pain since you have a variable number of not only seasons but episodes.....

Anyway I'm sure we will find the best way in time.

Coordinator
Apr 15, 2011 at 7:54 AM
Edited Apr 15, 2011 at 7:58 AM
StormyKnight wrote:

"The block function you have added, do you think it would be easy to specify the number of columns?  Perhaps 3 or 4 depending on screen realestate?"

Yeah, that's very easy. Because each movie card is a floating DIV, they will jostle about to fit inside the width constraints of the parent element; in this case, the TABLE immediately following the <BODY> tag.

For example, in this case I have set the DIV width in CSS as 398px, and the TABLE width as 800px, so 2 DIVs will fit side by side. If the TABLE width is increased to 1200px, 3 columns will appear, and so on. This can be done in the template, or in the resulting HTML file.

To fill the screen, just set the TABLE width to "100%", and the DIVs will dynamically adjust to fit whatever screen size you have, even if you resize the browser window! DIVs are awesome - they're my favourite HTML element!

Of course, you can also change the size of the DIV as well, but you may need to change the character limit of some of the tokens, because if the text overflows the DIV, the page can get out of wack.

Coordinator
Apr 15, 2011 at 8:23 AM
Edited Apr 15, 2011 at 8:46 AM

It seems weird that the dodgy NFO file causes that. :-(  I can't see anything in the javascript that leaps out at me. Could I trouble you for a copy of the offending HTML file? I'd like to see if I can figure out what is wrong; PM is fine. It could be viewed as a feature tho' - I have used the HTML output to indicate what movies need re-scraping! ;-)

I like your ideas about the TV listing - I have had similar thoughts myself (except your one about most recently added episodes!). I am particularly keen on the bit about missing episodes. If MC doesn't already have it, I'm surprised it doesn't spit out a list of missing episodes. I often jot them down manually!

I think what you have in mind is a lot more functional(complex?) than the original movie listing; I guess that's why nobody has been overly keen to get stuck into it!

Do you have an idea of what it should look like? I am not very good at designing things aesthetically, but pretty good at emulating (ripping off!) stuff. In fact, I'd like to get ideas from other users too. Any idea how to do that? Are you, or somebody else, able to sketch something and scan it? I might try a few ideas myself, and prepare for the flak!

Cheers,

Jon

PS. If you've liked what I have already hacked together for movies, you would really have liked what was going thru my head (preventing me from sleeping) prior! One thing I remember being keen on is a javascript slider bar to filter the year; adjustable ends plus a "pan" function! Also, a paginated setup as the filtering is very slow when you have a significant number of titles to cycle thru.

Developer
Apr 15, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Jon, I have sent you a PM containing the link to a HTML outputed showing the issue.

to demonstrate the issue,

1. select documentary the faulty movie shows up first then the rest of the movies follow in the original order.

2. if I select CRIME, it appears to list the crime ones before the problem movie, & then it lists all the movies from there.

Re the TV Show format, couldn't we basically copy the movie code, substituting the tokens for TV tokens & substituting the lookup code with where you need to lookup the TV nfos..

Once we can make a simple list of say TVShows with seasons & episodes, we can pretty it up from there with the formatting. Because you have explained the block & div I can't imagine the movie component needing to be any more complex than it is (except perhaps sorting....but I'm not sure if that should be done by the HTML component or left to the MC sorting as it currently is...)

The way I see the TV Shows is that the seasons & episodes are just like details about a movie but one level down. So a particular episode is if you like under a branch which is the season number & that season is under the TV Show. That way episodes are linked to their TV Show. I can't see any need to display tvshows & their episodes in different DIVs. 

One way to show the TV shows would be like the movies, but an expanding section for seasons & episodes....

Cheers

Richard

Coordinator
Apr 15, 2011 at 9:36 PM

Hi Richard, I think you have the right ideas, and a good way to go about it. I'll have a crack at it next week and see how we go. The family and I are about to leave for a weekend holiday, so I'll have a look at you HTML file next week too!

Developer
Apr 16, 2011 at 1:08 AM

No worries, enjoy your break, I just had a week off too, but we are doing extensions to the house so very little time for hobbies at the moment.....

Developer
Apr 16, 2011 at 3:38 AM

Jon, I'm just going to list a few things as I find them...don't look till you are back from your break OK... :)

1. It seems that when the actual movie pictures are created they have a black border around the right & bottom sides - not sure if this is an original problem or part of your sizing code.

Coordinator
Apr 20, 2011 at 4:13 AM
Edited Apr 20, 2011 at 4:19 AM

Hi Richard,

You must have good eyes; I've never noticed the black border bottom and right! I removed the intentional image border and could see it, and then had a look at some of the original Movie Cards I had, and it was the same. I think it's the VB resize function, and has to do with the sampling near the edge. It's pretty low priority, but raise an issue if you think it warrants it; I'm sure there is a solution.

I've made the filtering template a bit more robust so it will not fail if the NFO is dodgy. I've committed the changes to the fork so just grab a copy of 'Movie Card 2up Filter.txt' from there to try it.

Haven't started the TV HTML yet, but that's next on the cards!

Developer
Apr 20, 2011 at 4:31 AM

I only noticed it when I was playing with the colours on the HTML output....

I have another question that you may know considering you have been playing with this area of MC, can you link to the actual video file so that the actual movie might be able to be played in a web browser? I see that the thumbnails are relative to the location of the created HTML, is there a token for the filename itself & would that work?

Did you get a reply from Billy yet?

I will be downloading Tortoise over Easter, this year we have 5 days of holidays in Australia, so I think this will be enough time to get into some coding myself, its been too hard to look at it in 1/2hr segments.....I keep seeing minor bugs & i want to resolve some of them, but there is a steep learning curve not only with VB but with Mercurial too.

We also want (need?) to put out some releases so that people can test our coding, so I will be working on that too.

BTW, when I downloaded the latest default source (not your fork), I wasn't able to compile it as a release, I got about 100 errors - are you able to compile as a release? I can compile as a debug, but it lists those same errors as warnings....

Cheers & sorry for the 100 questions :)

Richard 

Cheers

Developer
Apr 20, 2011 at 5:43 AM

Trunk code compiles fine for me, but there are a ton of warnings... Visual Studio tops out at 102 errors, warnings, messages in the error list before it just says screw it and stops looking.

Developer
Apr 20, 2011 at 6:12 AM

Yep that's what I get on a debug compile....I suspect we really want a release compile to work as well.....

Coordinator
Apr 20, 2011 at 9:07 PM

@ StormyKnight: You guys must get ANZAC day credited to the next working day(?); us over the ditch lose it if it falls on a weekend or public holiday! That sux...for the second year in a row!

A link to the movie file doesn't exist currently for the HTML output. Is this something you would really like? I can add it in the next time I'm playing with the code (I've only messed with the HTML templates since I posted my 3.4.0.2 "release").

I haven't got a reply from Billy - I assume you are talking about merging my fork? If so, I cancelled the pull request to work on the issues you have found. I haven't requested to be added as a developer yet; I'm not sure if I want the responsibility 'cos I'm happy hacking away in the background!

@ Playos & StormyKnight: When I complied the "release" version for my fork, I got the same errors. I managed to fix them, but I can't for the life of me remember how. :-(  I'll have a play today, and report back!

Coordinator
Apr 20, 2011 at 10:25 PM
Edited Apr 20, 2011 at 10:28 PM

OK, I think to solve the problem with the errors the first time, I simply copied the missing DLLs from the debug folder into the release folder. But after some poking around, I think the better way to do it is to go Project -> Add Existing Item... and Ctrl-Select IMPA.dll, imdb_thumbs.dll, and class_mpdb_thumbs.dll from the debug folder. This is when build configuration is set to Release (thanks Richard!). I still don't know how to configure it for a nice tidy install package like what Billy used to provide 'cos there is a whole lot of extraneous files, and stuff like the HTML templates and assets are missing. Damn my noob-ness!

As for the warnings, I think it is just a case of correcting them one by one until they all disappear. Probably best done by a developer who has rights to the main trunk.

Coordinator
Apr 21, 2011 at 4:12 AM
Edited Apr 21, 2011 at 4:21 AM

So I went ahead and did it anyway, and I'm down to 6 warnings: 1 is an option to use a custom wrapper, three I could probably figure out with a bit of time, and two are conflicts with events (closing and mouseenter).

Seems to work, except when I went to search for new TV episodes. So that's where I'm at.

(Correction: it will scrape episodes but crashes MC. Often. Will look into that...)

Developer
Apr 21, 2011 at 4:36 AM

Thanks Jon, much appreciated - You say you were having an issue with new Tv Episodes, is this because it says that the episode cannot be found...I'm getting this more & more & I don't know why because if you try again it may work. 

Yes I'm keen to merge your code & there was several requests over the last few months for these features. At the moment however I need to get my head around creating a new release from the main trunk because I think interest in MC is dwindling due to the lack of an update. I think a fresh release will rekindle the interest of more active developers too.

I'm still not sure how well the merging will work if the main trunk is being refactored every couple of days & it is a few weeks before we try & merge your code.... I don't want to deter the refactoring either as its just as vital as new features.....

I'll start a new discussion on the merits of a new release & how the refactoring & branches will interact with everyone. 

Cheers

Coordinator
Apr 21, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Nope, it's definitely crashing when scraping TV episodes. Could be something I've done, but didn't seem to be anywhere I had changed things. I was running it in debug mode the first time.

Developer
Apr 21, 2011 at 12:17 PM

I'm not sure if you are aware, the was an issue where the settings folder would download with the source code. If that is still the case then the settings folder needs to be deleted so that MC can create it new with your computer in mind....Just check the default tip.....it still has a settings folder in it, I think we need to delete it altogether in the source code......

Coordinator
Apr 28, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Deleting the settings folder didn't help. I think there may be a bug somewhere. I used the official 3.400 release and it worked fine. Further investigation required.

TV HTML is coming along; prob. about halfway thru. Can output show info, now need to work on episode info and images. I will provide a basic template but also a complex one to showcase the capability, the idea being that individuals can create their own custom templates. Might have something to deliver in about a week. Sorting is also an issue, as my output is backwards - will want to sort that out.

Developer
Apr 28, 2011 at 11:37 PM

Sounds good, thanks for the update!

I'm assuming that the compile errors have been removed from your trunk so before we can post a new release of the main we are going to have to merge the two. As far as I can see that is our only option to correct the main trunk. Is that how you see it? I sent an email to Billy yesterday to see if is still available to add new developers, from a project coordination point of view we need to be able to do that.... 

Cheers

Coordinator
Apr 29, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Just before I deliver my next change set, I'll rebase off the main trunk so that when you merge my fork, it will only be my changes that need merging. I can correct for any potential merge issues first, and then merging should be problem-free.

Feel free to merge at any time -  I'd hate to be the one holding up the next release.

But in saying that, if the TV HTML thing is wanted and/or anticipated, maybe it is worth waiting for and I just need to hurry up!

Developer
Apr 29, 2011 at 2:08 AM

Well I haven't promised anyone about the TV HTML addition or indeed the Movie HTML additions either so its not promised by any means....At the moment I'm just trying to get the main trunk able to be compiled.....if it contains your additions its a bonus :)

Coordinator
May 25, 2011 at 4:25 AM

I've merged all the recent changes to the main trunk as of a few days ago, and have delivered to the htmloutputenhancement fork. Somebody can attempt to merge it if they want, but with all the work Playos has been doing with NFO files, there may be potential for some conflicts. Or not. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any area that may cause problems.

Or, once I get added as a developer, I can make the change directly to the main trunk myself. But the code is up there if anyone wants a play!

I've also added a text file in the template folder called INFO_HTMLoutputTags.txt that I think covers all the tags and options available for the HTML templates, plus three sample templates for TV.

Developer
May 25, 2011 at 5:21 AM
Thanks Huey, good work. We will have a look at the merge....
Date: 24 May 2011 21:25:39 -0700
To: <merlinsgarden@bigpond.com>
ReplyTo: mediacompanion@discussions.codeplex.com
Subject: Re: Movie List Information [mediacompanion:248483]

I've merged all the recent changes to the main trunk as of a few days ago, and have delivered to the htmloutputenhancement fork. Somebody can attempt to merge it if they want, but with all the work Playos has been doing with NFO files, there may be potential for some conflicts. Or not. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any area that may cause problems.

Or, once I get added as a developer, I can make the change directly to the main trunk myself. But the code is up there if anyone wants a play!

I've also added a text file in the template folder called INFO_HTMLoutputTags.txt that I think covers all the tags and options available for the HTML templates, plus three sample templates for TV.

Developer
May 25, 2011 at 6:48 AM
Edited May 25, 2011 at 6:48 AM

Jon, Just tried to compile your fork, but I'm getting an error...

Error 3 Type 'SeasonEpisodeComparer' is not defined.

C:\MC SVN HueyFork\Forms\Form1.vb on line 5352 column 77 XBMC Media Companion

any ideas?

Developer
May 25, 2011 at 1:18 PM
Edited May 25, 2011 at 1:19 PM

I've just remmed out the "(New SeasonEpisodeComparer)" & it has built fine & seems to work.....

Looks Great, looking forward to playing with the HTML's

Cheers

Coordinator
May 25, 2011 at 8:23 PM
Edited May 25, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Hi Richard,

I'm guessing it compiles, but it won't work as advertised.

You need to add tvhtml.vb to the project.
Right-click on 'Classes' and 'Add Existing Item...'.
Make sure you save the solution - that one took me a while to figure out!

Cheers,
Jon

EDIT: OK, so I'm surprised that it works, but I can see why! The reason I used a sorted list with a custom comparer was so that the missing episodes are inserted in the correct order; I'll wager that any missing episodes are clumped at the end of the list? And maybe seasons are separated for missing episodes and other peculiarities?

Developer
May 25, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Yes I did notice that the episode numbers were not listed in numerical order now that you mention that.....

Coordinator
May 26, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Just a note, I think that if the NfoLibrary ends up replacing BasicEpisodeNFO.vb, the property 'missing' that I've added will have to be added there too. Doesn't look like it has happened yet tho'.

Developer
May 26, 2011 at 3:22 AM

Ya, I replaced all the Tv show elements and I'm digging into the scraping code, pretty dense stuff. I'll be removing references to BasicEpisodeNFO and EpisodeInfo over time, you can add any properties that aren't saved to the NFO file to the TvEpisode class. If you want them persisted to the NFO file add a new property of type ProtoProperty in a similar manner as I did the others, everything in NfoLibrary is designed to autohook up all the properties for saving, editing, and loading. I haven't commited anything on the scraper code yet, but in my next commit all the load info commands should load with the NfoLibrary, should be done by the end of the weekend.

I used some inheritance trickery to try and avoid breaking anything and mostly succeded. I used the same trick on MovieActors, but other than that I've left the movie clasess and functions alone to try and not break anything in your fork. Plus it was easier to just focus on one part of the app.

Developer
May 26, 2011 at 4:06 AM
Thanks Playos,
So do you think you can look @ the Huey merge when you have time. Unfortunately, he hasn't yet been able to be set as a developer, so he can't post back to the main fork & I don't know your code additions nor his in the recent change sets....so I'm kinda flying blind.

I will probably still post 3.4.0.3b on Friday night, unless you want me to hold off, when your changes are finalised & Hueys merge is done. If we leave them to 3.4.0.4 that will give us next week to confirm everything still works as intended.

Cheers
Richard
StormyKnight

Date: 25 May 2011 20:22:59 -0700

Ya, I replaced all the Tv show elements and I'm digging into the scraping code, pretty dense stuff. I'll be removing references to BasicEpisodeNFO and EpisodeInfo over time, you can add any properties that aren't saved to the NFO file to the TvEpisode class. If you want them persisted to the NFO file add a new property of type ProtoProperty in a similar manner as I did the others, everything in NfoLibrary is designed to autohook up all the properties for saving, editing, and loading. I haven't commited anything on the scraper code yet, but in my next commit all the load info commands should load with the NfoLibrary, should be done by the end of the weekend.

I used some inheritance trickery to try and avoid breaking anything and mostly succeded. I used the same trick on MovieActors, but other than that I've left the movie clasess and functions alone to try and not break anything in your fork. Plus it was easier to just focus on one part of the app.

Coordinator
May 26, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Stop Press! I've found that a certain character is messing up my HTML in the TV output. Not sure what it is yet, I'll look at it tomorrow when fresh - not feeling well tonight!

Developer
May 26, 2011 at 2:06 PM

I'll defently take a look at HueyHQs code as soon as I've finished with the tv scraper.

Don't wait on me for the next beta release. I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the weekend but no way I'll be able to fully test it in time for the friday release.

Developer
May 26, 2011 at 11:32 PM
Thanks for that, much appreciated.
Date: 26 May 2011 07:06:30 -0700

I'll defently take a look at HueyHQs code as soon as I've finished with the tv scraper.

Don't wait on me for the next beta release. I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the weekend but no way I'll be able to fully test it in time for the friday release.

Coordinator
May 27, 2011 at 4:37 AM

Holy crap! It is done! Merged with the main trunk and delivered. Hopefully I haven't bolloxed it up or undone anyone's changes. Kinda nerve-racking for a first time!

There is still a known issue of a show not being scraped; I haven't figured out the cause yet, but I've smoothed over the effect with better handling of the error.

Developer
May 29, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Well done Jon I haven't come across any issues re the merge...

Just have one question re the TV Shows HTML, when you ask MC to locate the missing episodes & then do a normal episode template (i.e. not a missing episode template) it shows all of the missing episodes as well...

Cheers & Thanks again 

Coordinator
May 29, 2011 at 8:34 PM
Edited May 29, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Awesome, that is good news indeed. I'm sure there will be other things wrong as more people scrape different stuff than I have! Still haven't found my known issue yet, but have tracked it down to Father Ted - may be something to do with the Special episodes being in the show directory instead of a specials directory(?), altho' it's not immediately obvious as to why this may be the case/cause.

Yep, I think that is correct. In the templates provided, I've used <<season:all>> and <<episode:all>> tags. The missing stuff should be indicated by lighter grey text. To display only local episodes, change those tags to <<season>> and <<episode>> (without the 'all' parameter).

I've also noticed that the TV cache is working better in the latest build than it has been previously - has someone done some work in this area, (maybe Playos' work has contributed), or just a coincidence? I must admit, I was getting frustrated with it in the time before merging, but now it just works! Even missing episodes are cached! Stoked!

Developer
May 30, 2011 at 3:59 AM

Thanks Jon, perhaps I should have fully read the provided readme :) Cheers