This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

XBMC TVDB Scraper DVD-Absolute

Jan 22, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I notice on the scraping screen there is the option for the XBMC TVDB Scraper, which has DVD order and Absolute order. Is there a way to have it scrape aired order? Or is that functionality coming later?.

Coordinator
Jan 22, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Sorry, I'm guessing here, but as the info is straight from TheTVDb, I think Absolute Order is equivalent to Aired Order as there only seem to be the two choices on there.

I'm thinking that maybe once upon a time, TheTVDb changed Absolute to Aired so the easiest thing for us is to change it in the MC GUI!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, 'cos as I said, it's only a guess!

Jan 22, 2012 at 6:46 PM
If you go to the show page and select all episodes instead of a season, then it has aired, DVD, and absolute as sorting options. It looks like absolute is for if you had all the episodes in order with no season number.

On Jan 22, 2012, at 1:24 PM, HueyHQ <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Sorry, I'm guessing here, but as the info is straight from TheTVDb, I think Absolute Order is equivalent to Aired Order as there only seem to be the two choices on there.

I'm thinking that maybe once upon a time, TheTVDb changed Absolute to Aired so the easiest thing for us is to change it in the MC GUI!

Developer
Jan 22, 2012 at 6:51 PM

From my understanding of Absolute order, it’s mostly used for “flat” series that don’t have seasons (Lot of Anime series are done this way)… I think it generally acts as an Aired ordering system, since those type of shows wouldn’t be aired out of order.

Firefly is probably a good show for testing on this one as it was a single season and was aired out of order and with unaired episodes… Not often you get that kind of complexity in a series worth keeping in your collection.

Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 11:47 AM
To: lex.steers@gmail.com
Subject: Re: XBMC TVDB Scraper DVD-Absolute [mediacompanion:287017]

If you go to the show page and select all episodes instead of a season, then it has aired, DVD, and absolute as sorting options. It looks like absolute is for if you had all the episodes in order with no season number.

On Jan 22, 2012, at 1:24 PM, HueyHQ <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Coordinator
Jan 22, 2012 at 6:52 PM

As far as I know Absolute ordering certainly is different to Aired,

Unfortunatly I don't know why the XBMC scraper doesnt support this, I didn't write any of the XBMC scraper code and am not really sure how it works.

Is there any reason you need to use the xbmc scraper for TV Shows. The TVDB API is well documented and works perfectly with MCs own scraper, Including Airdate or DVD ordering.

Jan 22, 2012 at 6:56 PM
The mc scraper works great, but when you scrape episodes in the "special" season with xbmc by itself, those episodes also pull up in the season they aired in along with the specials season. So the doctor who christmas specials and movies show up in the right place in the season and in the specials in xbmc. I was going to see if the xbmc scraper would do the same thing.

On Jan 22, 2012, at 1:52 PM, billyad2000 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

As far as I know Absolute ordering certainly is different to Aired,

Unfortunatly I don't know why the XBMC scraper doesnt support this, I didn't write any of the XBMC scraper code and am not really sure how it works.

Is there any reason you need to use the xbmc scraper for TV Shows. The TVDB API is well documented and works perfectly with MCs own scraper, Including Airdate or DVD ordering.

Coordinator
Jan 22, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Man, was I off the mark?!