This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

I'm Checking Out

Coordinator
May 15, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Although I have thoroughly enjoyed my involvement with the Media Companion project, I have decided I need to step back to concentrate on other projects other than those in front of a screen!

I will continue to help out those I am currently working with to completion, and any one who PMs me with a question. I would certainly want to help out any new developers who may be trying to get their head around something I've done, or anything in general, really.

If I get some spare time, I may work on a feature in the background, but I don't expect to be back on-board until after Xmas (wife-directed target!).

Thanks for having me!

Huey

Coordinator
May 15, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Huey

Really hate to see you go, but I understand the balancing you've been required to do.

I do hope to see you around on MC site, hoping you may even be able to assist with any major bugs, ie when tvdb api changes.

Thanks for the great work you've do in such a short time.  I personally appreciate it.

I hope another developer can come onboard and keep MC from disappearing.  I've seen ShadowKnight around again and hope he's able to re-enter the coding side.

Huey, thanks for everything.  Keep well and see to the missus.

vbat99  (aka Rob)

Coordinator
May 16, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Thanks, Rob. I'll still be around, and if you still want me look at the GCB problem, more than happy to do so.

Developer
May 16, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Your headed out as I'm coming back in... well soon... still working on code for the WPF version.

Thanks for everything, and come back anytime you feel like it.

May 16, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Cheers mate, we all appreciate you work since coming onboard. Hope that when you're able for you to drop back in any time! 

As you know, I've taken a few sabbaticals from MC over the years! 

Thanks again, Richard.

Coordinator
May 16, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Thanks guys, good to know I'm leaving it all in good hands!

Developer
May 22, 2012 at 2:47 PM

As every one else has already said plus a big thanks for your time and help while I got to grips with Mercurial source control. More confusing than the code I thought ;-) Love it now,lol.

Cheers mate

Phil

Coordinator
May 27, 2012 at 7:36 PM

My apologies for the delay in replying, i've been away for the last couple of weeks.

I have personal experiance of how this project can take over your life, and I for one have been pleased that people like yourself have been able to step in and continue on from where I left off.

As has been said already by several, the work you have done has been very much appreciated, and I wish you well for the future and would be delighted to see you return to the project at some point in the future.

Regards

Billy