This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

feature suggestion: custom tv shows

Mar 30, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Hi there - I don't know how applicable this is to other people, but personally, I have a few custom made tv shows for xbmc on my system.

I created the nfos and artwork for Media Companion and XBMC to read so that they would show up correctly on both systems, but when it comes to stuff like batch rescraping, there is no way to skip them. it sees them as a tv show which should have (but obviously don't have) tvdb and imdb IDs.

For example, my mother really likes having the exercise programs on xbmc client for easy access. I've done that with the custom nfo and artwork as said before, but I was wondering if a possible feature for Media Companion would be to have something similar to home movies, but for tv shows.

In theory, I think it would be great if in a new area for MC, would display a seperate tv show browser, with different root folder and options. there would be no need for scraping, and just a few buttons which say "create new show", where a new tvshow nfo is made in a chosen folder, and "create new episode" where a new episode nfo is made for that show. artwork could work with the "browse" feature as it already is with fanart and posters for other movies and shows, or maybe extracted from a chosen episode file.

I understand this would be quite a bit of added work, but think it would be a really well deserved and useful feature for people like me who make a lot of custom tv shows.

Thanks for reading! :)
does anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Mar 30, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Edited Mar 30, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Already on the To Do List as a feature. List