My custom resources

Jul 16, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Edited Jul 16, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Hey guys, I just created some default images for MC... See if you like them.. Any feedback is welcome :)
Dropbox Link

Also can I get all the default images you guys are using so I can see what I can do? Resources folder doesn't have all the images..
Coordinator
Jul 16, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Will see what I can do about getting you all the image to check over.

Actually, here's my dropbox link

Looking at the one's you've made, they are great.
Jul 16, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Edited Jul 16, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Thanks.. Is there anyway I can test my images in the current MC that I have? I am talking about the images that aren't in resources folder...
Edit: Added some more images.. same link.. also colors can be changed easily if necessary.. I am currently doing everything in blue...
Coordinator
Jul 16, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Any image that isn't the resources folder, would be hard coded in MC when it's build.

Only way would be to download the source, open is Visual Studio for dot net, and test. Sorry, no other way I can see.
Jul 17, 2013 at 3:36 AM
I will try that.. No problem.
Jul 18, 2013 at 2:42 AM
I have MC source and Visual studio 2012... How do I locate the necessary elements? Can you help or point me in the right direction?
Coordinator
Jul 18, 2013 at 3:09 AM
Open project in VS2012, check in Resources folder in VS, as well as XBMC Media Companion Project properties, Resources.

Those two places are where the images are.
Jul 18, 2013 at 3:46 AM
Found the 2nd place.. but not the first.. Never used VS in my life before.. lol
Coordinator
Jul 18, 2013 at 3:49 AM
First place is under Solution Explorer
Jul 19, 2013 at 4:43 AM
I am not seeing anything there.. This is all I can see - Screen :(
Coordinator
Jul 20, 2013 at 2:12 AM
That's all there is, some of the images in that section are not in the Resources folder. That's all the images we use.
Coordinator
Jul 27, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Gidday Akya.

Well, I added two images from your group, default actors and refreshall.

The 'new' image, the word "new" gets lost. If possible, can you make this text larger. Specially as we're only using this at 32x32.

Default fanart, poster and banner. At standard MC windowed size, the text in these images also gets lost. It's more readable than the 'new' image, but could you try with a larger font.

I am interested in adding these three to MC, they do look so much better that what we have, but need read-ability of the message within them.

Rob
Jul 28, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Edited Jul 30, 2013 at 4:44 AM
Sure.. Got it.. I will give that a try.. I was busy a bit but free now. :)
Jul 30, 2013 at 4:44 AM
Check your email..
Coordinator
Jul 30, 2013 at 4:57 AM
Yep, got it, looks great, Just getting the general consensus before adding the default poster/banner and fanart.

The New image is still kinda small, What's the largest you can get the work NEW inside that 32x32 image? Maybe Bold it?
Jul 30, 2013 at 5:05 AM
If you compare the current and the one I made, the visibility is almost same.. It's kinda hard to make a 32x32 image look good. lol I have also added the bigger images so you can resize if you need to..
Coordinator
Jul 30, 2013 at 7:01 AM
I did check out the larger image, but when I shrunk it, there were black bars on the sides.

Just need that work 'new' to stand out a bit more, if possible...
Jul 30, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Check it now..
Coordinator
Oct 9, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Hi Akya

Just been thinking of the default fanart/poster/banner images.

Can you make changes to the text in them.
Fanart - No backdrop available for this Show/Media File
Poster - No Poster available for this Show/Season
Banner - No Banner available for this Show/Season

The poster and banner currently have 'for this media file', where the there is never a poster/banner for an episode, only for Season or Show.

I did think of having two separate default posters, one for Show, one for season, but this better to have it stream-lined. Also I noticed I haven't changed the code for episode thumbnail to the new default fanart. Will try and sort that out shortly.

As for the other artwork, I haven't gotten around to sorting those out yet. Have to add to my list of jobs. LOL.

Anyway, If you get a chance, drop me a link to download the files.

Rob
Oct 10, 2013 at 3:15 AM
Here you go - DB
Coordinator
Oct 10, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Fantastic. And I just realized I'll still need to keep the other versions for Movies. Doh!

Thanks for that. Will add them in for the next release.