This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

XBMC Link Openelec

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Edited Aug 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Using MC v3.5.7.6 on Win7_x64 PC & Running live OpenELEC Stable - Generic i386 v.3.0.6 on my HP micro server
  • IP Address *Pass
  • Port *Pass
  • Username *Pass
  • Password *Pass
  • Userdata Folder (\\192.168.0.100\Userdata) *Pass
  • Textures Db (\\192.168.0.100\Userdata\Database\Textures13.db or Database\Textures13.db) *Fail
  • Thumbnails Folder (\\192.168.0.100\Userdata\Thumbnails or Thumbnails) *Pass
  • Movie folder mappings *Pass
Frodo Enabled -> Passed
Pre-Frodo only movies ('.tbn' posters instead of '-poster.jpg') : 2 -> Failed
XBMC PC Ping -> Passed
XBMC Connect -> Passed
Userdata Folder -> Passed
TexturesDb File -> Passed
TexturesDb Connection -> Failed
TexturesDb Version (Frodo needed) -> Failed
Thumbnails Folder -> Passed
Movie folder(s) configured -> Passed
Movie Folder mappings set (NB Actual paths not validated as applicable to XBMC PC) -> Passed
Overall -> Failed

Things to check:
- Warning: Some of your movies only have '.tbn' poster extensions, Frodo expects '-poster.jpg'. You can fix this by:
     - 1. Selecting 'Pre-Frodo poster only' from the 'General' Movie Filter
     - 2. Selecting all the movies in the list, then Rt-Click & select 'Convert to Frodo only'

Why is there a error on Textures Db connection ?
Is there an advantage to convert posters to 'Frodo only' vs. 'Both poster formats' ? Does it make Frodo more responsive?
Aug 29, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Hi, hopefully you've seen my other posts about this issue by now, but just in case you haven't.

I ran into the same problem. For me the solution was to map a drive letter to the network path and then use the drive letter in XBMCLink. So I'm guessing in your case you would map Z: to "\192.168.0.100\Userdata" and then use the following settings:
Userdata folder = z:\
Textures Db = Database\Textures.db
Aug 29, 2013 at 2:14 AM
@ImpDust

You might become the resident expert for XBMC Link to Linux.

Sorry no reply from me on above topic, this isn't my area of expertise.

Rob
Oct 16, 2015 at 9:02 PM
Edited Oct 18, 2015 at 6:40 PM
Using MC v3.6.3.0 on Win7_x64 PC & Running live [Stable] OpenELEC 5.0.8 (x86_64) on my HP micro server.
[Kodi 14.2 Git:7cc53a9] I will try update to latest Openelec beta and test again...

I get a strange one where it won't accept:
Port 80 or 8080 fails
Username fails
Password fails
Frodo Enabled -> Passed
Pre-Frodo only movies ('.tbn' posters instead of '-poster.jpg') : 0 -> Passed
XBMC PC Ping -> Passed
XBMC Connect -> Failed
Userdata Folder -> Passed
TexturesDb File -> Passed
TexturesDb Connection -> Passed
TexturesDb Version (Frodo needed) -> Passed
Thumbnails Folder -> Passed
Movie folder(s) configured -> Passed
Movie Folder mappings set (NB Actual paths not validated as applicable to XBMC PC) -> Passed
Overall -> Failed

Things to check:
- XBMC is running
- System - Settings - Services - Webserver:
    - Allow control of XBMC via HTTP' is checked 
    - Port, Username and Password match
    - Web interface is set to 'Default'
- If you are trying to connect to XBMC on a remote PC, make sure:
    - The PCs' IP address is static
    - System - Settings - Services - Remote Control has 'Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC' checked

edit: Okay i updated to [Beta] OpenELEC 5.95.5 (x86_64) and I still can not connect... [Kodi 15.1 Git:f4dda26]
Oct 16, 2015 at 9:53 PM
I haven't a test Kodi system available just yet, but can you try reboot hp micro server to ensure Kodi does start the webserver. I know this was an issue with Kodi on Windows for me, but might be an easy test.
Oct 28, 2015 at 12:52 AM
Weird, I just got an email notification about these posts today.

My suggestion would be to verify that the webserver is actually running and allowing connections. You should be able to open a web browser to your Kodi server. I get to the webpage just by entering http://ServerName If you can get to the webpage then it might be a firewall on your windows box blocking the connection.

I don't use the XBMCLink. I tried it a couple times, and for the delay it adds it just didn't seem worth using. Plus I still had problems with if I changed an image in MC it would still show me the old image on Kodi.
Dec 4, 2015 at 6:48 PM
Edited Dec 4, 2015 at 6:49 PM
ImpDust wrote:
Weird, I just got an email notification about these posts today.

My suggestion would be to verify that the webserver is actually running and allowing connections. You should be able to open a web browser to your Kodi server. I get to the webpage just by entering http://ServerName
Always the first test I do ;-)

Just an update on this:
I upgraded to [Stable] OpenELEC 6.0.0 (x86_64) [Kodi 15.2] and Media Companion MC3.635b.
The link is now suddenly working again so quite happy :-)