Movie Sets Artwork

Dec 22, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Looked around but couldnt see a setting for this so thought I would ask here, is there a way withing MC to manage the artwork of a movie set?
Coordinator
Dec 23, 2013 at 6:39 AM
XBMC doesn't support local file for movie set artwork.
Coordinator
Dec 23, 2013 at 8:28 AM
After recently setting up a fairly large library from scratch I did notice that XBMCs current method for importing artwork for sets is a bit of a pain, and I did spend a little time looking into options.

As Rob stated, currently XBMC does not support the automatic importing of set artwork.

I did come across one add-on that could possibly be used to make life easier called 'Movie Set Artwork Automator'

It has several methods to store set artwork, but the most universal allows art for all sets to be imported from a single folder in the following format:
'Exact Set Name-fanart.jpg'
'Exact Set Name-folder.jpg'

It would be possible to add the ability for MC to automatically download set artwork if using the MC option to scrape set name from TMDB. For those like myself that prefer to setup their own sets, maybe a browser could be made to allow selection of sets art from TVDB.

Ultimately I decided against since it would depend on an unsupported (by XBMC) plugin, but it is something that could be considered as it would make life considerably easier for people with large collections.
Dec 23, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Hi both,

Thanks for the replies, I will look into movie set Automator ass hadn't heard of it until now. Please keep up the good work as having tried all the media managers out there I can say that media companion is the only stable and reliable one around for xbmc.

Cheers again
Coordinator
May 9, 2015 at 4:47 AM
Next release of Media Companion, 3.618b, will have MovieSet artwork support. Use in conjunction with Movie Set Artwork Automator.

More info to come once new release is finalized.
Coordinator
May 12, 2015 at 1:32 AM
New Release is out with MovieSet artwork support. MC3.618b. Please read Release Notes.
May 12, 2015 at 9:13 PM
There seems to be a couple of issues with the new MovieSet artwork feature.
  1. If no artwork exists for a collection an exception is thrown
  2. If the collection name contain contains characters that are illegal for filenames an error is produced.
Coordinator
May 12, 2015 at 9:45 PM
Where does the exception get thrown, ie: What tab, Example movie.

Please provide example collection name that give the error.

As this is a new feature, there's bound to be some glitches that need addressing, so the more info I can get, the quicker the glitches can be sorted.
May 16, 2015 at 5:00 PM
Edited May 16, 2015 at 5:37 PM
Tried the following on both version 3.6.1.9 and 3.6.2.0
Scrape movies then once sure all is okay run manual "Rename selected movies in selected list > Movie and Folder"
I use %N\%V %O\%Z (%Y) %V and %T %V %A

I then ran Movies > Movie Set ID Check and then ran rescrape specific "MovieSet Artwork"
My MC 3.6.2.0 settings & dummy files
Then get the following thrown:
Rescraping data for --> Terminator 2: Judgment Day
MovieSet Artwork scraping Failed. No Folder for saving Artwork

Rescraping data for --> Arthur and the Invisibles
MovieSet Fanart Already Exists
MovieSet Poster Already Exists

Rescraping data for --> Amélie

Rescraping data for --> The Terminator
MovieSet Artwork scraping Failed. No Folder for saving Artwork
Coordinator
May 16, 2015 at 6:21 PM
Found that if the Movie Set folder is not named the same as the Movie Set name, this occurs.
ie: Set Name: The Terminator Collection
Set folder name: Terminator Collection, The

I actually suggest to use the Single Artwork folder instead.
Set up MC for Central Folder, and create and point to: D:\temp\MovieSetArt.

This way, no matter how you have your files, MC and XBMC/Kodi will find MovieSet Artwork.

That is until I can figure a clean way for MC to identify the MovieSet Folder Name if not matching the Set Name.
Coordinator
May 16, 2015 at 6:24 PM
Oh, above suggest works really well for existing movies that are in your XBMC/Kodi library, and also have differing Set Folder and Set Names, as MC doesn't care about the naming, and the add-on can be pointed to the Single Collection folder.
May 16, 2015 at 7:18 PM
Thx. I disabled "Ignore Article to end of Movie Set" and fixed it.
I prefer using "to Movie Collection Folder" I prefer to have collection stuff inside the latter folders.
It's really easy to rename\move using MC if you ever get it changed to just enable above again...
Coordinator
May 16, 2015 at 7:54 PM
Totally understand, and was going to go that direction myself, till I realized I had three XBMC libraries to fix up, 23 movie sets in custom folders (was going through a Phase of calling the folder "Sets - Evil Dead", so it'd be easier to group them to find them).

Glad you got it sorted.
Oct 8, 2016 at 8:30 PM
Edited Oct 8, 2016 at 9:12 PM
I'm having issues with some\alot movies not being scraped with sets.
As example, i have :
https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/8091-alien-collection?language=en
https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/8979-wayne-s-world-collection?language=en-US
etc.

I'm using Media Companion MC3.664b, but in earlier versions having the same issue.
edit: Okay if i manually delete the nfo file and rescrape with 3.664 then the set gets scraped, any idea why not updating old MC nfo file ? nfo examples temp.zip

Also, as a side note, once i scraped the set info, i right click and "Rename selected movie(s) in list > Movie and Folder" which moves the files. I then have to refresh ALL my movie nfo's. Is there no way to update only the affected files without having to refresh the entire database every time ?
Coordinator
Oct 9, 2016 at 7:45 PM
Fix in place for the next release for movies that were not in a set, rescrape set info.
Thanks for the sample files. They were of big help.

As for your last question, your saying you have to refresh all movies if you rename and move into folders. Is this to display correctly in the browser tab? or in Movie Sets tab?
Nov 4, 2016 at 1:49 PM
Sofar 3.666 looks great. Thank you for fixing the tmdb scraped set info in the nfo.

As for refresh I'm referring to the browser tab. Mostly after scraping and then renaming it seemed in 3.664 one has te refresh entire table.
Don't have time to check now...