Feature Request: support for Music Video (live concerts)

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:32 PM
I find MC a fine program to scan all my videos for XBMC, and it works great.

But, I have a lot Live Concerts that I also will have in MC

Can you make MC supporting for Music Videos??
Coordinator
Dec 28, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Interesting idea, but there is no scraper, or way for us to identify a music video and gather the data together.

This might be an idea to use the Home Video tab, and group/create the nfo for the music video's manually.
Dec 29, 2013 at 11:40 AM
There are a lot of Music Videos on www.themoviedb.org

Maybe you can use this to srap?

Maybe can you add an separate tab for music videos?

How must I build an NFO for Music Videos that XBMC can read
Dec 29, 2013 at 11:57 AM
I seem to remember using this in the past http://superrepo.org/metadata.theconcertdb.org/
Coordinator
Dec 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM
I think for now, MC needs to concentrate on polishing up Movies and TV Section.

From quickly trying to search TheMovieDB for miley cyrus or wrecking ball as a test, nothing was returned except the two movies she was in.

And the scraper from superrepo.org showed a addon to XBMC that linked to TheMovieDB.

Not saying it won't happen, but it's a big job and I'm not sure of the success rate in finding the data.
Coordinator
Apr 13, 2014 at 5:36 AM
Coming soon.....Watch this space
May 24, 2014 at 2:22 PM
Edited May 24, 2014 at 2:26 PM
Just came across http://www.theaudiodb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7

Would be nice if it had some similar options to movies (like rename of files and folders etc.)
Coordinator
May 24, 2014 at 7:45 PM
Have had a look at AudioDB, but it is very weak in data.

For Example, I searched for artist Billy Joel and it only listed one Music Video, It's Still Rock and Roll .

We are looking at using Wiki for now, as this has more rounded information for Music Videos.
(If your interested, I can get you a link to a tease build with Music Video support? Note: It's still work in progress etc)
Jan 17, 2015 at 3:24 PM
Edited Jan 17, 2015 at 3:26 PM
Coordinator
Jan 17, 2015 at 6:43 PM
That looks promising, and may be easy to implement with the current Music video code already in Media Companion (disabled at present, till it can be smoothed out).

Added to Road-Map.