This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

XBMC not seeing change to my video nfo files.

Oct 20, 2014 at 1:27 PM
Hey there Vbat...

XBMC is not seeing the changes to my movies when i update the nfo file. example TAGS. I have tried to rescan the files in XBMC and is still not seeing any of the changes to the nfo files. What I have read in the XBMC forums is that " You just initiate a scan or update library. XBMC will rescan any file whose date has changed. " Is there an option in mediacompanion that would change the date? ( though I am not sure if XBMC needs the folder date to change or the filename date )

Also like to comment on your tagging feature. I am not sure if this is a bug or overseen situation. when i have a group tags already set. let call it 1 for example. And I have another group of tags that I want to tag. lets call it 2. and the group that I will be tagging as 2 has some tags of 1 as well. when i click on save tags... all the ones i just taged are all label 1, 2. not just the few that i wanted label 1,2.

thanks for all the help and great product.
Coordinator
Oct 20, 2014 at 5:24 PM
XBMC library does not scan for date has changed.

Unfortunately, once a video is scraped into XBMC library, XBMC ignores any changes to local nfo or artwork.

You have two options, depending on how many nfo's have been altered.
  1. on the movie, select Info, and then select Refresh
    This will refresh the select movie from local nfo and local artwork.
  2. select you movie folder, and change the content from Movie to None. Click OK, and when prompted to clean out the library, select No. Then, set the content back to Movie, (remember to set the scraper to Local information only)and this time, select Yes when prompted to Refresh.
    This will refresh all movies with this source from Local nfo and artwork.
As for Tags, yes, there is a limitation
If Movie A has five tags, and Movie B has three tags, if you multi-select these two movies and attempt to set tags, then Movie A and Movie B will have the same tags as each other. This is a Hierarchy issue, where you need to set the common tags for Movie A And B first, then set the individual tags for Movie A, then Movie B.

Hope that makes sense. And yes, that doesn't solve the issue.
Marked as answer by monkeyslapper on 10/24/2014 at 12:45 PM
Oct 20, 2014 at 5:47 PM
Thanks for the reply. Option 2 seems to be the best! Thanks for the info on that! Quick question for updating library. If i were to use xbmc link would that also resolve my issue? or would i have to continue with option 2?

Yes that make sense... and Yes that does solve the issue. I am just S.O.L. .. I have to suck it up, buttercup.

Once again thanks,
Coordinator
Oct 20, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Yes, option 2 is probably the quickest if many movies have had altered nfo's.

There is also a script called texturecache.py that runs on the XBMC machine. I am not sure if this will update the library for altered movies or tv shows, but it may be an alternative. Link to XBMC Forum for texturecache.

As for XBMC Link, I don't know, but believe it should update the library if changes have been made. I may test this to confirm.

For the Tags, I have a few idea's but am not sure how best to implement them. Basically having a list of each movie's tags, and if you add a tag for a group, it adds only the new tag, not apply all tags to all selected movies.

Something to work on....well, another thing to work on.