Removing TV Shows

Feb 18, 2016 at 3:44 PM
Edited Feb 18, 2016 at 3:54 PM
Enjoying the latest Media Companion release, this app is a godsend!

Is there any way to remove a TV show from the list as per the movies section? Don't want to delete nfo etc but just remove TV show as doesn't need any further editing.

The other small issue is when adding the same TV show but in SD and HD variations. Media companion seems to see them as the same entry. So if scrape one version, all the data also appears in the other version. Problem here is twofold. Say I have 4 seasons in SD and 8 in HD, I will see 8 seasons in the SD entry once I scrape the HD version. I also get 2 duplicate entries in each show as per the below example

Dexter SD
Season 1
 S01E01
 S01E01 
Dexter HD
Season 1
 S01E01
 S01E01 
Hope that makes sense!

Thx
Coordinator
Feb 18, 2016 at 4:34 PM
Only method to remove a TV series from showing in Media Companion, is to remove the Series folder from the List of Series folders under the folders tab.
Note: clicking on Check roots for TV Series will add these series folders back to Media Companion.

Are these SD and HD episodes all in the same TV Series folder?

ie
Arrow\Season01\S01E01.mp4 (sd version)
Arrow\Season01\S01E01.mkv (hd version)

If so, then sorry, MC can not distinguish or filter between SD and HD. MC sees them all.

Alternatively, if you have a SD series folder and a HD series folder, take a look at profiles in Media Companion, so you can have a HD profile linking only to the HD series, and a SD profile...etc
Feb 19, 2016 at 2:13 PM
They are in different folders such as:

Arrow [SD]
Arrow [HD]

Should MC be distinguishing them as such?

Where do I get info on the profiles function? Can see it in preferences but no clue what it does or how it works!
Coordinator
Feb 19, 2016 at 5:29 PM
No, MC won't distinguish between them, as they are the same show, have the same TVDB ID for the Show and for the Episodes.

Only option is the have two profiles,
One loaded with only SD TV Series, other with HD series.