Export Movie List Info to HTML

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:52 AM
I am new to movie scraping and HTML code, and am wondering if there's a link to user-created HTML export files, for use in the 'Export Movie List Info' menu, that I could try? Ideally I'm looking for a single-column layout similar-ish to the ones Mede8er produces. I can provide a screenshot but I'm not sure how to attach it (the Ctrl-G option here inserts an example 'logo.jpg'). Thanks, Olly.
Coordinator
Apr 13, 2016 at 3:00 AM
Media Companion's Documentation page for Export to HTML is fairly intuitive.
Exporting Media Information (formerly HTML Templates)

There are no user created export templates. Most of these are incorporated into Media Companion as they come available.
Apr 13, 2016 at 3:57 AM

Hi and thanks for your quick reply! I have looked at the info you’ve suggested but is there a little more detail, for example what the tags are for the Poster images, and for the Fanart images, in the \Settings\Cache folder?

In the supplied templates I can only see a reference to “smallimage” that displays the downsized Poster JPGs (165x220 pixels) in the \Cache folder, which become fuzzy if upsized.

Thanks and regards, Olly

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2016 at 4:13 AM
Sorry, yes, there is more information. I keep forgetting about this file.

In the Media Companion folder, in the html_templates folder, is a file called 1Export Template Guide.txt

This lists all the available tags for getting information out of Media Companion's data files.
Apr 13, 2016 at 5:47 AM

Hi and thanks again, that’s great, I’ll have a try after work. Meanwhile a last question if I can please…

“Movie Tags” includes:

<<smallimage>>

<<createimage[:sizelimit][:nopath]>>

..whereas “TV Tags” includes:

<<createimage[:sizelimit][:imagetype]>>

[imagetype] - Can be either 'poster' or 'banner'. The aspect ratio is checked, and the default image is substituted if needed. If not included, defaults to 'poster'.

Does this mean exported Movie listings can only include poster images, not banner (fanart/background) images?

Regards, Olly

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2016 at 9:32 AM
I believe it is Posters or Fanart, but definitely not banners, clearart, logo etc from Fanart.Tv