This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Hosed my collection

Nov 7, 2016 at 8:18 PM
I had to restore my movie collection after a hard drive crash. I put the movie back in their individual folders with only subtitles files. The program hosed my collection renaming and creating several dozen folders for a single movie "The Green Mile" I have no idea what went wrong. Additionally it also added in fake zero byte avi files in each of the folders. I fixed all of that after spending about 6 hours reconstructing the folders and renaming the files manually. I tried it again and it did it again with another movie creating fake folders and such. I am lost and confused. Please help
Coordinator
Nov 7, 2016 at 8:29 PM
Hello.

Are you sure you added your Root movie folder to the Root Movie folder list, and not to the Offline Movie folder list?
Nov 7, 2016 at 10:40 PM
I had it listed in both columns.
Coordinator
Nov 8, 2016 at 12:09 AM
Just the Movie Folders column is sufficient.

Offline Movie folders is more for creating a Temp avi file saying to insert a DVD or the likes.
Nov 18, 2016 at 5:24 PM
Well the part that REALLY screwed me was the renaming of my existing movies to the same movie in lots of different folders. The temp AVI files were just a minor pain in the ass and easily deleted. The real problem has been that I have to go folder by folder to verify the movie is what it says it is It has taken me almost a week and I am still not finished. Movies were scattered all over the place!
Coordinator
Nov 20, 2016 at 7:22 AM
Apologies, that was my fault.

I reworked duplicate code so there was only one file renaming section and also one folder renaming section.
In tests, Manually renaming files and folders worked perfectly.
In autorenaming, it created .nfo.nfo files and caused MC to re-find the movies over and over again.

This has been fixed in the current release.

I am really sorry for the issues I created.