No longer removes Missing Nfo once found?`

Nov 19, 2016 at 10:23 PM
Edited Nov 19, 2016 at 10:32 PM
I'm not sure if I'm imagining that it did this before, but after Searching for new today, MC has left the "Missing" NFO files for the TV shows I've updated so I now have duplicate entries (not sure if I can link images, but http://i.imgur.com/pMW5rav.png)

It's done this for about 10 shows, is there any way to prevent this from happening in the future or to quick fix it rather than manually deleting those NFO files from the missing folder?

Edit: Also is there a way to refresh individual shows, or even have a refresh option that ignores locked shows? As refresh all takes far too long with a large amount of shows :)
Coordinator
Nov 20, 2016 at 6:31 AM
MC should be monitoring if the episode exists and removing the missing nfo file from the missing folder automatically.

I haven't touched this code in a while so I am surprised there is an issue now. Maybe it has to do with the new long path code support added.

Give me a few days, and I'll have a look at this section.

PS, linked image is perfect. Thanks.

As for refresh individual shows, right click (context menu) on a show, and you can see options like
Search this show for new episodes
Refresh show from nfo
etc.

As for updating of missing episode data, this needs to be done over the whole TV series for now. I may look at a context menu option to refresh missing episodes for selected series.
Nov 20, 2016 at 9:38 AM
Hey Vbat, :)

Thanks for responding so quickly, and I'm glad I'm not going insane and imagining things :)

How hard would it be to add a view sensitive refresh or allow for selection of multiple shows to refresh? The refresh all button is great but I have 450+ shows, so it takes a while, I'd love to be able to be looking at Missing Aired Episode shows and refresh all shows in that view only, does that make sense?

Also, two other suggestions/questions.

1) Is it possible to set a show to be ignored for missing episodes? I like having a clean Missing window, but currently I have a few shows in there I can't complete (Documentaries that go back to the 90s) and if I remove the nfos manually, when I refresh missing all they just pop back up. Maybe have refresh missing episodes ignore locked shows?

2) On the subject of locked shows, is it possible/could it be possible to have a refresh option that just does it for unlocked shows? I believe Search New ignores locked shows, but Refresh All doesn't.

The reason for asking about these options is that MC is fantastic and serves a great purpose for me, but I update 10-15 shows a day and it's slow to manually update each one, a single button to click and refresh is great but when it scans 450+ shows every time it's a bit slow :)
Coordinator
Nov 20, 2016 at 11:15 PM
Gidday LT3Dave

Hate to say we can't do something, but unfortunately with TV Shows in a Treeview, it is not possible to have Multi-Select. There are work-around to this limitation (Microsoft limitation), but when I experimented with it, was like a bomb went off in Media Companion.
Really glad I was playing with dummy files at the time.

One of the other Dev's added a Lock function to Movies, to lock certain tags from being overwritten, I guess something like this could be added to the TV Section, say to Lock from Scrape, From Missing episodes, or both.
But, Locked shows should also be excluded from displaying missing episodes. It's up to the user to determine when to lock a series. I'll have a look and ensure locked series are excluded from Display Missing Episodes.

Hmmm....maybe allowing Multi-Select and Editable fields in TV Table view is the answer for some of your above questions.

Dang, that'll take some doing, but would allow most of the above to work.

One other idea, is using Profiles in Media Companion.
Set your default to have all TV Series, but a Working profile to just have the active TV Series. This would reduce the 450+ series you currently have listed, to however many are currently active.

Like you, I have a few series, with maybe a third that are ended and locked. My main profile is just for not-ended and active series. Usually there is no need to show the ended/locked series in MC, as there is no further need to manipulate or alter the scraped data.

Just a thought.

As for the TV Table view, I will look into this as an option.
Nov 21, 2016 at 7:51 AM
I would hate to have something like that happen to my database, it sounds like dummy files really saved you :D

Thank you for considering my suggestions, and for also being so incredibly quick to reply to these, it's really nice to see in an application these days :)

If I create separate profiles, would I be able to set folders to ignore? I ask because currently I have all TV shows in a folder called TV, and I'm just wondering how I would prevent it seeing shows that have ended when I tell it to scan for new folders? Or would you recommend separating those shows via directory, so I have "Finished TV" and "Current TV"? I'm just wondering how you prevent your Working profile from seeing ended shows. :)
Coordinator
Nov 21, 2016 at 6:06 PM
When you create a 2nd profile, it duplicates the current settings and database files.

Just switch to the 2nd profile, and remove ended TV series from the List of Series Folders. Leaving only the active TV series.
Nov 23, 2016 at 9:46 AM
But then if I scan for new at any time, wouldn't it find and re-add all of the ended shows? Just wondering as I add new shows on a semi regular basis.
Coordinator
Nov 23, 2016 at 7:46 PM
You are right. It would re-add the ended shows.

Alternatively, when you create a new TV Series folder, Drag from Explorer, and drop over the Main Tv Show list in Media Companion.

Media Companion will scrape the Series data, and add it to the list of series folders.
You can also Drag and Drop directly to the list of series folders, then click Save.

I do this all the time. Much quicker.
Nov 30, 2016 at 11:13 AM
Hey again Vbat,

I've followed your suggestion and now have two profiles, with Current and Finished shows being stored separately (Oh god it speeds things up so much)

However, I've noticed an odd bug, at least I think it's a bug?

http://i.imgur.com/CXutCN8.png

I'm apparently missing episode 25 of this season. But there is no episode 25, if you look, you'll see that episode 25 contains the same name as episode 15 (The nfo file also contains the uniqueID for episode 15 as well). Episode 25 doesn't exist on TVDB. I'm not exactly sure where on earth it's getting that information from, and if I delete the nfo file when I refresh missing episodes it just pops up again...
Coordinator
Nov 30, 2016 at 6:09 PM
Looks like you have some rogue data floating around. Just tested with Big Bang and I am definitely getting only 24 episodes in season 8, and no missing episode 25.
Curious, what is the filename of Episode 15?

I suggest, unselect Display missing episodes.
Click on Tools, and select Empty Caches & Series Folders

This option empties the Media Companion cache folder & the Series XML folder.
Next go to the Debug tab, and Select Clear Missing folder on exit.
Exit Media Companion, then restart Media Companion.

Enable Display missing Episodes
This will pull the latest series xml files, and re-populate the missing nfo's