This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Movie delete preferences

Jan 19 at 3:01 AM
Under the movie preferences, general tab there is a check box for "enable 'delete movie folder' context option". I have this checked. When I do my duplicate run and right click a movie the option is there but nothing happens. The folder doesn't get deleted.

Am I doing something incorrect?
Coordinator
Jan 19 at 6:22 PM
Hmmm, this was added by AnotherPhil, but tweaked for safety by myself.

I'll have to reproduce and see what the heck is going on.

Maybe Duplicates are not being matched, or are being matched but because two or more results are found, the routine is exiting as a safety.
I suppose MC should be matching by nfo path, not by movie title....Sorry, thinking out loud.
Coordinator
Jan 23 at 2:17 AM
Checking into this and it is working for me.

Note: Movies must be in their own folder.
If the affected movie you are trying to delete is in the Root Movie folder, then it will not be deleted. This is a safety precaution.
ie:
Z:\Movies (root movie folder)
Z:\Movies\Fast and Furious.mkv (will not be deleted)
Z:\Movies\Fast and Furious\Fast and Furious.mkv (will be allowed to be deleted)
Feb 2 at 6:54 AM
Edited Feb 2 at 6:57 AM
I can't get it to work.

I put a movie in my scraping folder as a test.

"D:\Downloads! Scraping Folder for MC\A River Runs Through It (1992) [1080p] [2ch] [h264]\A River Runs Through It (1992).mkv" and all it's nfo, jpg's, etc. where "! Scraping Folder for MC" is the root folder. When I right click and go to delete movie folder (ctrl+D) option, nothing happens.

I have it ticked in the Movie Prefs>General Tab.

Are you thinking of the ability to right click and select Delete Movie(s), nfo and artwork?
Coordinator
Feb 3 at 7:10 AM
I will try and reproduce with your example and get back to you soon.
Feb 5 at 6:21 AM
Edited Feb 5 at 6:29 AM
Ever since this feature was added i haven't upgraded MC yet. I must admit I was surprised to see it,
as the potential risk for loosing Movies by accident made my cringe.
I've just always relied on the fact that if i had duplicates i could select\filter them, right click > open folder and delete.

I just want to ask a silly question, whats the potential for a version of MC to one day down the development patch not just
accidentally cause this to trash all my movies...

inknowitsjustparanoiaLoL

Coordinator
Feb 5 at 6:16 PM
Hi ingeon

I understand your sentiment regarding this feature, and it is why I added an option that the user HAS to enable in Movie Preferences -> General tab, before this option becomes visible in the movie context menu.
Option is Enable 'Delete Movie Folder' context option, which is false or unselected by default. So users must make a conscious decision to enable before they can see this as an option to select.

But also, the Dev that added this feature included a Confirmation windows before deleting occurs.