This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Movie sets

Mar 1 at 3:47 AM
Hi Rob

Has Kodi changed it's behavior regarding movie sets?

I,m still using Kodi 14.2 and now my movie sets turns up in a set called Name.

If I check out a old and new nfo file i see some difference:

Old:
<alternativetitle>Agent Cody Banks 2</alternativetitle>
<set>Agent Cody Banks Collection</set>
<setid>91427</setid>
<sorttitle>Agent Cody Banks 2: Destination London</sorttitle>
New:
<alternativetitle>9½ Weeks</alternativetitle>
<set>
    <name>9½ Weeks Collection</name>
    <overview>
    </overview>
</set>
<setid>121195</setid>
<collectionnumber>121195</collectionnumber>
<sorttitle>9 ½ Weeks</sorttitle>
Mar 1 at 5:23 PM
Yes, Kodi 17 allows Set Overview, so a new option to incorporate this has been added to Media Companion.
But it is not backwards compatible to Kodi before Version 17.

Look at Movie Preferences -> Scraper Tag. Under the option TMDB - Where available scrape Set Name
there is a new check box Save Set Overview to nfo (Kodi 17 onwards)
Ensure this last option is not selected, and MC will save the set info the same as your 'Agent Cody Banks 2' example.
This option of disable by default.
Mar 2 at 3:46 AM
Ahh thanks Rob, strange i haven't enabled that what can remember :)

But that explain it anyway.
Mar 2 at 6:13 AM
Hmmm, I've coded it so it has to be enabled to save as
<set>
    <name>9½ Weeks Collection</name>
    <overview>
    </overview>
</set>
<setid>121195</setid>
Check your config.xml and check that <MovSetOverviewToNfo> has a value of False.
Mar 2 at 6:21 AM
Edited Mar 2 at 6:22 AM
Sorry my bad.

what i meant was it was enabled. But I don't remember that I enabled it or not.

I thought if I had, I had to be blind :) because it says Kodi 17 and on worth on it.

Maybe it had to do with I just overwriting an old version instead of a clean install!!!!
Mar 4 at 5:55 PM
I've searched but can't find anything about this new set feature. Anyway you can point to a web link or something explaining this.

Thanks
Mar 4 at 9:02 PM
Quick discussion is here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=292732

And Git connection is here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8013

Looks like this feature may have been added to Kodi 16, Confluence Skin.
Viewtype of: MediaInfo, MediaInfo 2 & MediaInfo 3 are the only ones that show the Overview.

Also, some skins display the overview, and on those skins only some view types make it work.
I know i tested on Kodi 17 rc, with default Estuary skin, only ViewTypes of
Shift, Widelist & Fanart displayed the set overview.

I will need to change MC to Kodi 16 and above for Overview support.
Apr 5 at 4:55 AM
I'm kinda catching up with this Movie Sets concept, so apologies for the newb q's...

Are 'Movie Sets' in MC/Kodi the exact equivalent of TMDB 'Collections'?

Using IMDB as primary scraper in MC, but having set the above-mentioned TMDB set settings, I'm finding I'm having to manually set the 'Set' value in MC for older movies (i.e. 2000-2010-ish). Is that expected/normal?
Apr 5 at 11:56 PM
AnthonyB wrote:
I'm kinda catching up with this Movie Sets concept, so apologies for the newb q's...

Are 'Movie Sets' in MC/Kodi the exact equivalent of TMDB 'Collections'?

Using IMDB as primary scraper in MC, but having set the above-mentioned TMDB set settings, I'm finding I'm having to manually set the 'Set' value in MC for older movies (i.e. 2000-2010-ish). Is that expected/normal?
Gidday AnthonyB

Yes, Kodi and MC get Collections from TheMovieDb. AFAIK IMDb has no way to group movies together.
TMDB should work for all movies, even collection prior to 2000, like Back to the future Collection.
If your existing movies were in sets, you may need to run the batch wizard over them to populate the TMDB Collection Id number.
Batch Rescrape Wizard, select TMDB Set Info, this will only populate the set ID, Overview etc, but not overwrite any custom Set names....well, I've done my damnedest to ensure that doesn't happen.

Maybe best to create a working folder, move some movies in collections into the working folder, and test with those. (maybe make a copy of the original nfo's before testing)
If you get issues, please create a new Issue, and attach original nfo's, modified nfo's, and your config.xml so we're on the same settings.