Getting Media source from Folder or filename

May 26 at 10:28 AM
Edited May 26 at 10:29 AM
Hi, sorry to spam with all these posts, but i'm deeply buried in an huge database/scrape clean up.
Is it possible to get the media tag (source), like Bluray or dvd ect, from file or foldername ?

Or can I somehow by filter choose movies which have folder/filename BluRay , so i can multi edit the Source field ?

Otherwise I think it can be done by some advanced text seach & replace program, that can filter filenames on bluray and extension .nfo, and the insert/exchange <videosource></videosource>
with <videosource>Bluray</videosource> in the .nfo files !

Sorry of this has been covered, but I have search high and low for the answer
May 26 at 11:42 AM
.. come to think of it, is the <videosource> even used by kodi, or is it a Media companion Tag ?
Coordinator
May 26 at 7:41 PM
To answer your first post, MC gets the video source from the folder or filename on scrape of the movie.

But, you could select the 'Filename' button under the search/refresh buttons, and then filter by that to allocate the Video source tag.

Second post, I believe this is just a Media Companion tag. Requested many, many moons ago, so users could filter by video source.

Oh, and no problem with the quantity of posts, I'll do my best to answer any questions....Media companion related, that is. :)