CSI Cyber

Jun 2 at 5:58 PM
Hi everyone :-)

I can't get Media Companion to like CSI Cyber.
After I upgraded to the latest version it now can find CSI Cyber but every time it scans for episodes I got the same error message:

With File : \Tv Shows\CSI - Cyber\Season 1\CSI - Cyber.S01E01.mkv
Detected : Season : 01 Episode : 01
Using Settings: TVdbID: 281551 SortOrder: default Language: en Actor Source: tvdb
WARNING: Could not locate this episode on TVDB, or TVDB may be unavailable

I tried naming the show in many kinds of way but every time the same error.

If I lookup CSI - Cyber on TVDB the show is correct with the ID 281551.

Any ideas to fix this issue?
Coordinator
Jun 2 at 6:51 PM
There is a serious database issue going on with TheTvDb at this time, with invalid data being returned, and in some instances, saying that the information doesn't exist.

I am looking into it, but not getting any response to queries on their forum is frustrating.

I do know Tvdb is changing their API, and going to xml returned data to json. Just hope they wouldn't ignore the old API while working on their new version.
Jun 9 at 3:40 PM
Thanks for the answer.

Do you have a status on when to expect it working again?

Would it be possible to have an option to choose between thetvdb and imdb like with the movies?
Coordinator
Jun 9 at 5:53 PM
I started working on TV scraping via TMDb, but that has lagged behind due to real-life commitments. Its still on the cards.
IMDb scraping of TV is not a happening thing. Kodi dropped it due to major problems in accuracy and ever shifting code at IMDb.

My next big project (have been investigating the last two weeks) is updating the TVDb scraping to their new API.
It will take some time, as I've seen the mess of code in MC.
Also, the new TVDb api will mean we will drop Kodi TVDb scraping functionality. This is due to Kodi starting to impliment Python scripts instead of xml.